Hypothetical Theology Question?

There's a link, yes. But that's a lot different from saying that the industrial revolution straight up wouldn't have happened at all without Christianity, which is the kind of lunacy we're dealing with here.

Indeed. As I said yesterday, alternative histories are mostly lunacy. Without Christianity it is hard to say what the Roman Empire would've used to glue itself together with during its demise, or what the Byzantine Empire would've been built upon. There are whole sections of history just eradicated. A million interpretations can come.

Indeed. As I said yesterday, alternative histories are mostly lunacy. Without Christianity it is hard to say what the Roman Empire would've used to glue itself together with during its demise, or what the Byzantine Empire would've been built upon. There are whole sections of history just eradicated. A million interpretations can come.

All very true, that's one of the reasons I love speculative history. Moreso though when it's done by actual historians than random people on internet forums.

I do believe that paganism is the proper and original religion of our country but like millions before me we have been converted to the roman religion that is really nothing to do with our country

Ireland was a huge factor in bringing Christianity to mainland Britain. It is one of the rare spots of light during the dark ages.

wiki - Celtic Christianity

Paganism would have united the empire. Islam would not have existed, and we would still be pre industrial. sounds ok.

Who saved those before Jesus?

Don't think they wanted saving they were quite happy there belief worked well for them and did for thousands of years before Jesus came along, especially here in our country you only have to look at Stonehenge to see how dedicated they were.

Don't think they wanted saving they were quite happy there belief worked well for them and did for thousands of years before Jesus came along, especially here in our country you only have to look at Stonehenge to see how dedicated they were.

Begs the question really, if they were ok beforehand, was Jesus necessary?

Paganism would have united the empire.
Paganism is not one religion though, it is a catch all term for thousands of different sets of beliefs.

Hell, there were loads of different religious sects within the city of rome by itself, let alone the entire empire.

Paganism is not one religion though, it is a catch all term for thousands of different sets of beliefs.

Hell, there were loads of different religious sects within the city of rome by itself, let alone the entire empire.

I know paganism is not an English word I think it is a Roman word not sure though, our belief here had a different God for different things and seasons, there are bits of the old beliefs mixed into our modern religion know.

which only fell apart after Jesus came along:o

That was the Jews defending themselves from Roman occupation, the Jews didn't invade Rome.

Hmmm...Ok, I'll concede that one!..lol....But having said that, they can't be passifists either. They've had their fair share of altrecations.

Archived