Hypothetical Theology Question?

...never once condemned rape, slavery or war, either because he was too much of a coward or because he saw nothing wrong with them.

He also explicitly condemned the very things that the Calvinists did when the became industrialists.

He also threatened every single person on the planet with eternal torture if they didn't worship him, that is not how I would define love. Love is unconditional, you don't let people who you love be tortured.

You haven't addressed a single one of the points I've raised, not one. You've just repeated yourself three or four times, as if you've got your fingers stuck in your ears and you're going 'la la la I can't hear you'. Conversely I have tailored responses to each of your points. Don't be a troll.

Provide some links then. You know to prove your statement.

Provide some links then. You know to prove your statement.
I think my posts on this thread stand up well enough on their own. The things I have stated a priori are pretty obvious and/or common knowledge. The conclusions I've reached from these are dependent upon my own reasoning alone and thus do not need extra substantiation.

How about you either tell me either

a. Which factual statements I have made you think are wrong

or b. Where you think my reasoning is flawed.

Y'know, kind of like I did when I demolished your argument earlier.

Erm,:huh: I'm on topic and your not?:huh:

Are you for real?

In this thread we are assuming/imagining/hypothecising that Jesus was never born (which may actually be true, but that's irrelevant here).

My post suggested that God could have told Moses to spread Jesus' message in the first place, so he need not create/incarnate Jesus later on. Totally on topic.

YOUR post was off-topic, gushing about the message given by a man who never existed (as per thread topic).

If you quote someone's post, the response you give is generally meant to be relevant to it, by the way.

Jesus on the subject of Hell

http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/jesusteachingonhell.html

It's long but good summary at the end.

Unfortunately its also biased and wrong.

It's extremely clear that when Jesus talks about hell he means an actual physical place where people actually are tortured for actual all eternity. It's not that its been taken out of context or anything like that, its very clear.

It's only wishy washy modern apologists who try and deny this.

Jesus the man had a message of peace and love.

Assuming Jesus actually existed, and that he's not just some greeko-judaic demi god created by the religious and political powers of the times, Jesus, according to the bible, clearly states he wasn't a man with a message of peace(read Matthew 10:34-37).

He is without sin cast the first stone would have become what? He who does not throw a stone hard enough gets it next?

Despite what you have been led to believe, it's well-known amongst biblical scholars and theologians that the cast the first stone story was a 5th century addition to the bible. It doesn't appear in the earliest of reliable texts. So Jesus more than likely never even uttered those words.

Jesus in his words and actions gave the world he lived in a message of love.

If you've read Matthew 10:34-37, and noted many of "his" other texts, you'll soon find he didn't give the world a message of peace and love.

Jesus harmed no one

Only if you ignore three-quarters of the bible.

Jesus on the subject of Hell

http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/jesusteachingonhell.html

It's long but good summary at the end.

This is some of what according to the bible Jesus said people were condemned to:

Mark 9:43-49 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out.[a] 45And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell. 47And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48where 'their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.'[c] 49Everyone will be salted with fire.

Matthew 13:41-42 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Luke 16:22-24 22And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; 23And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Archived