Hypothetical Theology Question?

Jackyop50 why do you keep on ignoring my substantive posts?

"Yes because the advent of widespread Christianity was followed by centuries of progress and development and certainly not stagnation and regression.

There's certainly no sense in which Christian teaching which emphasised the importance of received learning not enquiry and forbade usury in any way inhibited the technological and organisational developments needed for the industrial revolution to happen."

We could just as easily say:

No Jesus

No prohibition upon usury

Industrial revolution comes several centuries earlier.

I've answered this. Other religions had thousands of years to unify and motivate, yet nothing much changed. Jesus came along and in less than 50 life times we are in the ICT AGE.

To be honest I don't think this guy's actually religious, I think he's just a troll.

Yeah I don't think it is Grahame/Agbus after all, unless he's now adopted a juvenile style with poor spelling. Still similar in how he ignores any posts that pose a challenge to his opinions though.

You keep on with this insult, why?

Because I don't believe for a second that you're sincere. I've argued with a lot of religious people and I've argued with a lot of trolls, at this point, I can usually tell the difference. You're no Grahame that's for sure, he had me going for years unsure as to which he was!, You only lasted a day or so.

Because I don't believe for a second that you're sincere. I've argued with a lot of religious people and I've argued with a lot of trolls, at this point, I can usually tell the difference. You're no Grahame that's for sure, he had me going for years unsure as to which he was!, You only lasted a day or so.

You type words but say nothing, insult without cause, misquote and fail to provide any evidence on your stance. Makes you a bully in my book.

I've answered this. Other religions had thousands of years to unify and motivate, yet nothing much changed. Jesus came along and in less than 50 life times we are in the ICT AGE.

A mere 2000 years later, yes clearly Jesus was the decisive factor :roll:

You really expect people to take that argument seriously?

Archived