Hypothetical Theology Question?

I'll concede that your 'partly' right about war feeding technologies. But you're assuming there wouldn't have been any wars without the advent of Christianity or other religions.

I'm sure man being 'man' we would have thought of something to fight over, even if there was no religion of any sort!

Quite possibly but the without the religions that followed Judaism it would be likely all the Christians and Muslims would be Jews, now there’s a thought, and I wouldn’t imagine there would have been anyone prepared to take them on. To my knowledge the Jews don’t usually start wars so maybe the world would be a completely different place.

There is a solid link between the protestant movement and modern capitalism.

There's a link, yes. But that's a lot different from saying that the industrial revolution straight up wouldn't have happened at all without Christianity, which is the kind of lunacy we're dealing with here.

If you're (not you specifically) going to be incredibly simplistic like and boil the causes of the industrial revolution down to one factor like that, Calvinism is going to be a long way down the list.

Quite possibly but the without the religions that followed Judaism it would be likely all the Christians and Muslims would be Jews,
No, it wouldn't. In fact that would be very unlikely considering how little effort Jews put into evangelising their religion, and the inherent xenophobia and pseudo-nationalism of thinking that you're 'gods chosen people'.

Judaism was never going to take over the world, even without Christianity or Islam.

There's a link, yes. But that's a lot different from saying that the industrial revolution straight up wouldn't have happened at all without Christianity, which is the kind of lunacy we're dealing with here.

If you're (not you specifically) going to be incredibly simplistic like and boil the causes of the industrial revolution down to one factor like that, Calvinism is going to be a long way down the list.

Really, why?

No, it wouldn't. In fact that would be very unlikely considering how little effort Jews put into evangelising their religion, and the inherent nationalism and xenophobia of thinking that you're 'gods chosen people'.

Judaism was never going to take over the world, even without Christianity or Islam.

They wouldn't have looked at it as taking over the world and the followers of Christianity and Islam would have still wanted a God, as they both share the same God with Judaism and there religions are very Similar it is likely they would have followed that religion, which would have resulted in less war.

Quite possibly but the without the religions that followed Judaism it would be likely all the Christians and Muslims would be Jews, now there’s a thought, and I wouldn’t imagine there would have been anyone prepared to take them on. To my knowledge the Jews don’t usually start wars so maybe the world would be a completely different place.

It seems they do http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Jewish%E2%80%93Roman_War

They wouldn't have looked at it as taking over the world and the followers of Christianity and Islam would have still wanted a God, as they both share the same God with Judaism and there religions are very slimily it is likely they would have followed that religion
That does not follow at all.

Firstly, you haven't demonstrated that the green part is true, and secondly, the red part does not follow from the blue part. Unsound, invalid, and untrue.

Archived