Beyonce's baby triggers NC church vandalism

Pop star Beyonce's new baby Blue Ivy Carter is the devil, according to some vandals in North Carolina.

According to a picture from TMZ.com, a church was vandalized with a sign about her new baby.

The sign reads "Beyonce had her baby. Satan is on earth."

TMZ reports the pastor at Beulah Hill Baptist Church in West End, North Carolina discovered the vandalism Tuesday and had it removed.

He insists the church had nothing to do with it.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/01/12/2919567/after-beyonce-has-baby-nc-church.html#storylink=cpy

As if the church had nothing to do with it! When I lived in NC I used to see weird church signs like this all the time. Often offensive, usually accusatory. I remember Brittney had a hard time from the churches for a while there, and after 9/11... well, you can imagine the hatred some of them came out with.

Having said that, I must also say that 90% of North Carolinians are very nice, normal people. They have more than their share of NASCAR devoted rednecks, but most are harmless and very nice. Just the 10% of religious wackjobs who are a bit scary... as in many places around the world.

Doesn't Bart and Nelson's gang in The Simpsons rearrange the letters on the church sign to make amusing statements?

Even the opening sequence of Fawlty Towers used to be changed to make amusing phrases: "Warty Towels" was one.

That's right.

The one I remember from Fawlty Towers and I still don't know how they got away with it was Flowery T**ts.

Doesn't Bart and Nelson's gang in The Simpsons rearrange the letters on the church sign to make amusing statements?

Even the opening sequence of Fawlty Towers used to be changed to make amusing phrases: "Warty Towels" was one.

so was flowery *****

Archived