Scrambled eggs and mucky pan problem

I like scrambled eggs but the pan used to cook them takes ages to get clean again. The residue just wont come off. Is there a secret way of cooking I dont know about. Can I add something to the pan before putting the eggs in? Any tips would be appreciated.

I never do scrambled eggs in the microwave although other members of my family do. I don't think they taste the same.

As soon as I have dished up the scrambled eggs I always filled the pan with cold water so the egg doesn't have time to harden and set. Pour the water out and wash straight away and it comes off easily. I never use hot water as this continues to cook the egg making it harder to get off (tip off cookery program once! lol)

if you use a dishwasher take it after the rinse stage where it will still be very hot, it will have some stuck on bits left but they will wash off easily. or pour boiling water into the pan for a few mins, put some gloves on and give it a wash should come clean easily.

Archived