Scrambled eggs and mucky pan problem

I had eggs for breakfast this morning. The secret is getting the pan really, really hot. Add whatever fat you're using, add the eggs, and they will literally cook in a minute. They should slide right out. My husband insists on starting with a cold pan and the eggs invariably stick like glue. He does clean it up, but why go through all that? :confused:

Ive always made mine a in a pot rather than a frying pan. For some reason they come out better there than when on a frying pan.

I agree with getting a decent frying pan (ie not one from pound land) If you share, dont invest too heavily as someone is going to use and ruin it. Id spend more than a pound, but not less than £10. If you don't share, look around on Amazon or John Lewis, starting in the £20 range.

Also NEVER use metal utensils on a non-stick pan, using them is the fastest way to make your non-stick into a stick. Buy a silicon spatula and use wooden spoons to stop scratching.

Ive always made mine a in a pot rather than a frying pan. For some reason they come out better there than when on a frying pan.

I agree with getting a decent frying pan (ie not one from pound land) If you share, dont invest too heavily as someone is going to use and ruin it. Id spend more than a pound, but not less than £10. If you don't share, look around on Amazon or John Lewis, starting in the £20 range.

Also NEVER use metal utensils on a non-stick pan, using them is the fastest way to make your non-stick into a stick. Buy a silicon spatula and use wooden spoons to stop scratching.

What do you mean exactly when you say pot?

Archived