Scrambled eggs and mucky pan problem

Line the bottom of a thick pan with some butter and stir with wooden spoon.As soon as cookes place underside of pan in cold water to arrest cooking,pour egg on toast and put pan into soak.It never takes more than 30 secs for my housekeeper to wash the pan.

I love scrambled eggs and have them a lot- I use a non stick pan, no oil or butter. I've recently found that if you leave the pan afterwards, ie no soaking, the egg residue just dries and flakes off if you use a wooden spoon to scrape round the pan- then you can wash it up. The pan needs to be left for a couple of hours at least, so this isn't any good if you need to use the pan in the meantime.

scrambled eggs shouldnt be cooked in oil use a dry,hot,non stick frying pan

and dont forget the sprinkle of nutmeg when they are done

That's why they stick, if you use enough butter then they don't stick, a little bit of vegetable oil stops the butter from burning.

Like with most things the butter makes it taste much better too.

Non stick frying pans are rubbish, a cast iron or a stainless steel pan with a thick bottom is best.

That's why they stick, if you use enough butter then they don't stick, a little bit of vegetable oil stops the butter from burning.

Like with most things the butter makes it taste much better too.

Non stick frying pans are rubbish, a cast iron or a stainless steel pan with a thick bottom is best.

You cant beat a seasoned ferrous pan-non-stick pans are a failed experiment and eventually fail.A cast iron pan will last for decades if cared for.

I use bicarbonate of soda to clean my pans .... sprinkle the inside base liberally (you can get big tubs of it v cheaply) add just a few splashes of water - the bicarb should be like a thick paste ... and then use a kitchen mop scrubby thing in a circular motion (bit of elbow power) and just keep doing circular motions - you'll soon see it working by the sparkle :) :)

Archived