Bright House Alternatives

If you need to furnish, start small, start second hand.

Theres loads of quality second hand furniture out there on the FreeCycle, Freegle and here. Even more for less than £100 a piece...

Bright House and similar places rely on you defaulting on your loans and forcing you into a lifestyle you can't afford.

I am wondering if there are any good alternatives to the Bright House store, which offer a great range of home furnishing and electrical products and allow people who are unemployed finance deals to get things instead of just allowing people with a working income.

Any help would be appreciated and some links would be good as well, cheers.

Yep argos have reasonable prices but if you can't afford it don't buy it.

Not sure what it is your after buying but be careful.

http://www.brighthouse.co.uk/televisions/42-inch-philips-led-tv/

This TV for example. Would cost you at least £2119 over the 3 years, 156 weeks at £11.04 and you need to have the £2.55 weekly insurance too it says below the careplan.

Compare that to http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-42pfl7606k-3d-LED-TV/dp/B00503689E/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1326446508&sr=1-1

Which is the 7 series so a little later than the BH one, at £859 + £55 delivery makes £914 total. If you saved up the £14 a week to buy the TV outright it would take 65 weeks.

And that's at the advertised average rate of 29% apr, you could be charged more if your not working or they deem you a higher risk.

Twice the cost and it will take you two and a half times longer to pay back bright house than it would to save up, the downside is you don't get your item straight away by saving up.

I'm not implying your after a TV or anything frivolous it was the closest like for like I could find, all the fridges seem to be either exclusive or have been replaced with newer models etc.

Archived