BBC Pointless (or how dumb is our nation?)

Mods this isn't really about the tv programme, but is a general chat about idiocracy.

I like the quiz programme Pointless, it's like a reverse Family Fortunes and rather than rewarding contestants for getting the easy answers it rewards contestants for getting the more obscure ones.

Sometimes it is quite scary though, rather like a public information film, it sends a warning about how dumb we are.

100 people were asked:

Name some Cabinet posts in the Government.

As I was thinking to myself what the least popular answers could be, I was quite surprised at the low numbers for Home Secretary, Transport etc, and others given by the contestants.

I must admit that when the pointless answers were given I thought to myself that I'd never have said that, but ... when the most popular answers were given ... wait for it ...

58 out of 100 people didn't know that Chancellor of the Exchequer was a post!

56 out of 100 people didn't know that the Foreign Secretary, or even that the Prime Minister, is a Cabinet post!!!!

:o

Or there again when you have 100 seconds to recite a list perhaps you simply run out of time before you've named the ones you know. I bet some folk would be too stupid to have thought of that.

Mods this isn't really about the tv programme, but is a general chat about idiocracy.

I like the quiz programme Pointless, it's like a reverse Family Fortunes and rather than rewarding contestants for getting the easy answers it rewards contestants for getting the more obscure ones.

Sometimes it is quite scary though, rather like a public information film, it sends a warning about how dumb we are.

100 people were asked:

Name some Cabinet posts in the Government.

As I was thinking to myself what the least popular answers could be, I was quite surprised at the low numbers for Home Secretary, Transport etc, and others given by the contestants.

I must admit that when the pointless answers were given I thought to myself that I'd never have said that, but ... when the most popular answers were given ... wait for it ...

58 out of 100 people didn't know that Chancellor of the Exchequer was a post!

56 out of 100 people didn't know that the Foreign Secretary, or even that the Prime Minister, is a Cabinet post!!!!

:o

Less than 60 knew that Elizabeth II was a British monarch in the 20th century :hihi:

Archived