BBC Pointless (or how dumb is our nation?)

But isn't the whole point that 100 people have 100 seconds to name as many whatevers as they can. So if someone is rattling out a list of 20 or so cabinet posts they will run out of time before they finish their list. So it isn't a case of folks being dumb unless they are given sufficient time to exhaust their knowledge.

I bet some folks were too dumb to think of that.

But isn't the whole point that 100 people have 100 seconds to name as many whatevers as they can. So if someone is rattling out a list of 20 or so cabinet posts they will run out of time before they finish their list. So it isn't a case of folks being dumb unless they are given sufficient time to exhaust their knowledge.

I bet some folks were too dumb to think of that.

Well that depends entirely on how you define 'dumb'. Speed of thought is a considerable factor in my opinion.

Besides, under any circumstances surely 1 minute 40 is easily enough to time to think of 'Prime Minister' and the other obvious ones like state, transport, exchequer, education, etc.

6' 7" tall, Richard Osman was born in 1970.

His brother, Mat, was a founder member of Suede.

He is a little young for me but I must admit he is my guilty crush. I do watch the show sometimes and I do enjoy it, I find it funny whether that is intentional or not I don't know.

One of the worst things ive seen I've seen is a bloke on celebrity big brother not knowing where North America, Australia and South Africa were on a map of the world. He got none anywhere near correct.

One of the second worst was that I was watching celeb bb

How dumb is our nation?

It's not dumb at all, it's some of the people in our nation that appear to be dumb.

In fact, 50% of them are below average intelligence. Every other person you talk to is a thicky!

• 10 months later...

Archived