Suffer with high blood pressure.

For the last couple of weeks I have been getting mine checked and each time its been high. Had no symptoms before but now Im feeling breathless and tired and can feel my heart racing for no reason. I go back to docs next monday and if its still up I think they are going to put me on tablets, Im only 33.

Atenolol the best beta blocker

For the last couple of weeks I have been getting mine checked and each time its been high. Had no symptoms before but now Im feeling breathless and tired and can feel my heart racing for no reason. I go back to docs next monday and if its still up I think they are going to put me on tablets, Im only 33.

I think your heart racing, breathless and tired are some sort of panic attack.

You can lower your blood pressure with a good diet and some brisk walking daily.

Ask your GP to have the 24 hour monitor test. It is just a BP meter attached to something which approximates to a Sony Walkman strapped around your tummy. Better safe than sorry.

Edited by Treatment

I think your heart racing, breathless and tired are some sort of panic attack.

You can lower your blood pressure with a good diet and some brisk walking daily.

This is good advice for some - but anyone with known high blood pressure should check with their GP first.

High blood pressure, left untreated, can cause all sorts of health problems including heart attack, stroke and kidney problems.

And before I get accused of scaremongering - surely it's best to know the facts and then it's up to the individual if they wish to take the medical advice.

High blood pressure, in general, is very treatable, either by medication or lifestyle changes and any long term risks can be significantly reduced.

Mine was 160/90 a couple of weeks ago. The 90 should be 80 so I'm giving up booze for a while and taking more exercise (and garlic) as its being measured again on April 8th. I once had it measured in Lloyds pharmacy -it was 150/87. The assistant chatted to me for 5 mins and took it again. It was 150/83. White coat syndrome. I know a bloke who is 70 - fit as a fiddle - he's been on enalapril for over 30 years.