Nice bars for a Date in Sheffield?

heathcliff

Wanting to go for a date in Sheffield and wordering what nice bars there are in the city.

It's a first date just to chat so nothing too fancy and expensive, but no Wetherspoons type places please!!

Nice ones I can think of:

Wick at both ends - West Street.

The Old House - Division St.

Bungalows and Bears - Division St.

Great Gatsby - Division St.

The Devonshire Cat and Henry's are both quite nice places to go. Background music, good beer, decent food, not cheap but not too pricey.

If you want to mix it up a little try Revolucion Da Cuba, just off West Street or maybe Cubana. Both do nice food, good drinks and cocktails and have a different vibe, and if you go in at the right time they even have Salsa dancing which could be a great thing, or a terrible thing depending on whether you have 1 or 2 left feet! :hihi:

Browns in my all time favourite bar in Sheffield. I love Sundays when they have the pianist on. I just love everything about it. However, at £7.10 for a large glass of wine, make sure you like the girl!!!! It is worth every penny though for being able to drink in a classy place like this! It is everything Sheffield has been lacking for so long.

Wanting to go for a date in Sheffield and wordering what nice bars there are in the city.

It's a first date just to chat so nothing too fancy and expensive, but no Wetherspoons type places please!!

She's going to have to earn "fancy and expensive" eh? Don't blame you Heathcliff!

All Bar One might fit the bill? Not particularly fancy or expensive but dead central and attracting a decent crowd usually. I like the Dev Cat myself because of the good beer - but that can be a very studenty place if you know what I mean? I hear the Wig & Pen is good thesedays but I've not been in there for a while so I don't really know. The Da Da bar (used to be Trippets wine bar on Trippet lane) is rather an unusual "industrial" themed bar, a bit like sitting in a factory. I like it myself but it wouldn't exactly be everyone's taste and for a first date... hmmm! depends on the girl really.

Unless neither of you have transport I'd give the city centre a miss tbh. I'd whisk her off into Derbyshire to some country pub where you can indulge each other and look for rabbits on the way home.:love:

Archived