Strange goings on next door..should I be worried?

Why bother trying to contact the people who moved out?

Contact the people who moved in. Buy a bottle of wine, knock on the door and say 'Hi, I'm you're neighbour'. Be nice.

Either that or keep your big neb out of it.

Keeping ones neb out of it is why many a child gets abused, injured or killed.

Keeping ones neb out of it is why terrorists get to organize themselves and get in positions to kill or maim.

Keeping ones neb out is why drug dealers thrive on the misery of others.

Need I go on ?

It's OK,we'll be moving out soon.We intended to use the house to tunnel from the cellar to the bank opposite but some nosey get next door keeps piking at us all the time.We haven't even been able to sneak the shovels in yet.It's a right dead loss and that neighbour has cost us a bloody fortune.

I had something similar with my neighbours, they were running a brothel! Many times I was getting ready to go out on a weekend and a strange man would walk in, realise he had the wrong house, apologise, and go next door. The 2 women who were renting the flat only came in the evening for a couple of hours, then left.

The landlord was having none of it when I tried telling him, he kept insisting she was nice, and frankly, if she paid the rent, he wasn't bothered,

He was gutted when she moved out and he had to clean it out :hihi: A big black bag full of used condoms, stockings, and various sex toys... I told ya so!

Youd smell it.

Its stinks the whole street out when you have one of those things near you.

Possibly illegals?

Maybe common or garden criminals who dont want to be noticed?

Id just keep a discreet eye out and report something only if your sure.

It only smells when its flowering at the end of the grow cycle, probably weeks 8 onwards...And really stinks when its been cut down and drying...

Keeping ones neb out of it is why terrorists get to organize themselves and get in positions to kill or maim.

Need I go on ?

No, good points;)

I'd dial 101 and express your concerns.

It's very likely nothing but...

There used to be a radio advert advising to report behaviour just like this,

My money would be on a cannabis factory but they'd have to get equipment in - anything been delivered during the night?

As mentioned by someone, thermal imaging will normally pick up excessive heat output but, with many houses now having 270mm of insulation - not sure how the police can tell between a uninsulated house and an insulated one with loads of hot lighting.

I'd report it - you never know.

Need I go on ?

I cannot support this post more. Turning a blind eye is why so much crime goes on and it's always at the expense of our community.

There is absolutely nothing to be lost by calling the Police and voicing your concerns: this isn't being nosey, it's community and public service.

Archived