Strange goings on next door..should I be worried?

I cannot support this post more. Turning a blind eye is why so much crime goes on and it's always at the expense of our community.

There is absolutely nothing to be lost by calling the Police and voicing your concerns: this isn't being nosey, it's community and public service.

Are you the OP?;):hihi:

I cannot support this post more. Turning a blind eye is why so much crime goes on and it's always at the expense of our community.

There is absolutely nothing to be lost by calling the Police and voicing your concerns: this isn't being nosey, it's community and public service.

Good for you, I hope I helped you in making your decition. If it turns out that something dodgy is going on then you will be glad you did not put your head in the sand like Halibut would have you have do.

Good for you, I hope I helped you in making your decition. If it turns out that something dodgy is going on then you will be glad you did not put your head in the sand like Halibut would have you have do.

a fish out of water - is he still flapping?:o;)

If it is a cannabis factory, apart from if they are thieving your electricity or your house is attached (and so at fire risk) just leave em to it. They'll be no trouble as they wont want to attract any attention. You could have much worse neighbours.
That's well and good if you're morally comfortable with criminals conducting organised crime either next door to you or anywhere else.

I'd want to see them jailed - for a long time - but I guess we're all different.

That's well and good if you're morally comfortable with criminals conducting organised crime either next door to you or anywhere else.

I'd want to see them jailed - for a long time - but I guess we're all different.

Absolutely. You're very different.

If you have serious concerns then sharing those concerns with the police won't result in someone being charged with a crime if a crime isn't being committed, only if they are actually committing a crime.

I'd knock on the door and invite them round/give them a house warming present/ask them if we can introduce dogs so that they no longer bark at each other/whatever first though, just to see what happens.

Keeping ones neb out of it is why many a child gets abused, injured or killed.

Keeping ones neb out of it is why terrorists get to organize themselves and get in positions to kill or maim.

Keeping ones neb out is why drug dealers thrive on the misery of others.

Need I go on ?

I agree, people have to keep an eye out. That said, if you stick to what was written in the original post, there is no mention of children living there. It's unlikely she's a drug dealer as they usually get lots of visitors; according to the original post, the lady gets no visitors. It's also really unlikely that she is a terrorist.

I think if I was the nosey neighbour, instead of speculating and spreading gossip based on my fearful and paranoid imagination, I'd go and introduce myself with gift. At least this way I could better assess the new neighbours and their situation.

Archived