Do you think we could populate another planet

What planet do you think mankind could populate.  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What planet do you think mankind could populate.

• Mars
    • Jupiter
    • Saturn
    • Pluto
    • Mercury
    • Or go intergalactic

You could quite reasonably argue that it's not big enough for current population, given the amount of damage we're causing to it.

The problem is that most of the damage is being caused to make more room for people, deforestation for farming to feed more and more people.

Someone's been watching too much Star Trek methinks.. Intergalactic immigration? The barrage of threads every week about immigration on THIS Planet is bad enough!

I don't think people moving to another planet could be called immigrants,maybe planigrants or spaceigrants bound to be some elegal aliens on board though.

In the very distant future I think we may populate another planet providing humankind doesn't completely disappear before then and I doubt if population or pollution are our main worries.

I don't think we will ever be able to "beam" anybody anywhere though.

I suggest that when we find a habitable planet, the first colonists are the geeks who have contributed to this thread. Closely followed by the inhabitants of Gleadless Valley.

Closely followed by the inhabitants of a certain Council Estate in S2 :hihi:

Apparently Scientists successfully teleported an atoms in 2004.

That's good news, I would be a bag of nerves if I had to have mine sent by rocket!

That's just the first hurdle though, once my prized motor is safely delivered to the new planet, what state will the roads be in? Will unleaded be available?

These questions need answering Tom.

Archived