Do you think we could populate another planet

What planet do you think mankind could populate.  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What planet do you think mankind could populate.

• Mars
    • Jupiter
    • Saturn
    • Pluto
    • Mercury
    • Or go intergalactic

That's good news, I would be a bag of nerves if I had to have mine sent by rocket!

That's just the first hurdle though, once my prized motor is safely delivered to the new planet, what state will the roads be in? Will unleaded be available?

These questions need answering Tom.

You could sit in your prized motor and if all goes well you will get to the other side still sat in it and not merged with it. Part man part car. :D

Good evening MANO first of all the roads are going to a bit dodgy at first so I will be taking my 4+4 as well,there should be bio fuel sold there as they will not be wanting to pollute the place like we have here, mr muccagee at the corner shop says he wants to come as well to open a shop on the corner but I have told him there is no corners made there yet so he mite have to wait a bit till the place gets going a bit,hope you are going to put your name down mano the place needs people with money and good breading .

Good evening MANO first of all the roads are going to a bit dodgy at first so I will be taking my 4+4 as well,there should be bio fuel sold there as they will not be wanting to pollute the place like we have here, mr muccagee at the corner shop says he wants to come as well to open a shop on the corner but I have told him there is no corners made there yet so he mite have to wait a bit till the place gets going a bit,hope you are going to put your name down mano the place needs people with money and good breading .

Actually the first thing we would need to do on mars is pollute the place to increase its temperature. So we could send you mano in your 4 x 4 to drive round at your leisure and cause as much pollution as you like.:)

Actually the first thing we would need to do on mars is pollute the place to increase its temperature. So we could send you mano in your 4 x 4 to drive round at your leisure and cause as much pollution as you like.:)

Is that why they call it the frozen planet,do you think Mars would be the best planet for us to go to,mite get a pole going to see what planet SFs want to go to.

Is that why they call it the frozen planet,do you think Mars would be the best planet for us to go to,mite get a pole going to see what planet SFs want to go to.

It’s probably the only one in our system and it’s too cold but all the materials are there to warm it up.

Some years ago Mr C and I went to The Lyceum to see a talk by Patrick Moore, it was really interesting and at the end he had a Q&A session and one man asked him if we would ever colonise another planet and he said that Mars would be the planet we'd colonise, not actually to live there but for scientific reasons. He said he felt that we would have to build a glass structure and purify the air and then maybe scientist would be able to live there for short periods in like a shift system and initially cultivate plant life.

He went into far more detail but it was interesting to listen to.

Archived