Motorcyclists name

simonhood

Im sure his name was Davy Hallam,..
The deaths index includes the following entry;

David W. Hallam, died Sheffield Jan-Mar 1966, age 19.

This was most likely the David W. Hallam who was born in Sheffield in April-May 1946, parents Charles Hallam and Mary Hallam, née Freeman.

The deaths index includes the following entry;

David W. Hallam, died Sheffield Jan-Mar 1966, age 19.

This was most likely the David W. Hallam who was born in Sheffield in April-May 1946, parents Charles Hallam and Mary Hallam, née Freeman.

Nice work that Hillsbro :thumbsup:

I just remembered another young motorcyclist who was killed in Sheffield, but this was later (Paul Evans born 17 May 1955, died Jan-Mar 1974). His death was a mystery, as he and his bike were found outside the gate of King Edward's Hospital, Rivelin, where he was an apprentice gardener. The only damage to the bike was a broken headlight.

Oh yes I remember that one, really grizzly, it was around 1960. The lad hit a bus as it was turning at the new terminus at top of Hardcastle rd. He was decapitated and his head ended up in a womans lap who was downstairs on the bus at the time. Don't know the name of the lad though.

When I was first married and lived in England, we lived with Hubby's parents on Colley Ave. Next door to us lived the Wrights, Peter Wright was hubby's brother's best mate. It was about 1962 and I read in the Star in the edge where they put the latest news that he'd been killed on his motorbike. If his sister Pauline and Linda use this forum maybe they can help you with the exact date. I seem to remember a small brother Kenny, but hubby says he can't remember a brother. Good luck in your search Simon.

Archived