Motorcyclists name

simonhood

Hope this helps you, or someone else on here who is helping the search. There is one I specifically remember about that time and the guys age. He was killed when riding down the twisty road between the top of Mansfield Road, Aston and Lord Conyers Arms, Wales Bar. Stocky medium height lad with wavy fair har. Rode a blue Triumph Speed Twin like a "bat out of hell". Never wore anything on his head or even motorcylce clothing. He was on his way to work, young miner at Waleswood Colliery, or may have been Kiveton Colliery. Think he lived at Aston. Can see his face now, but cannot recall his name. His girlfriend at the time lived in School Street, Swallownest - her name - Pauline Deakin - in same class as myself at infants and junior school. Hope this helps - Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya, Malaysia

Details from the deaths index in case they are useful.

...Mervin Manterfield lived at beighton nr sheff died nr Eckington...
Mervin P. Manterfield, died Jul-Sep 1962, age 22.
...a mate of mine got killed during the period you mention, 59-early 60s, name of Dave Harlow...
Maybe Edward David Harlow, died Jan-Mar 1957, age 26.

Archived