Has any one had problems with Asda?

Hi everyone,

I am getting rather fed up of the poor standard of customer service Asda provide. The most annoying thing is when you've got a problem they don't seem to care it is like you are bothering them and they just want you to get off the phone.

My current problem with them is I purchased a new washing machine for my mum at the end of September 2011 and it has broken down already. We phoned and reported this to asda last monday and they said they had no more in stock, but they would arrange for someone to come and collect and it and give me a full refund.

I was advised someone would call me within 48 hours to arrange collection. 5 days later I still haven't heard from them. I've since phoned to query what is happening and I just get told they know I'm waiting for it collecting and someone will ring me.

I am very frustrated as my mums had no washer for nearly a week already and by the time they collect it and refund the money, then we've got to go and buy another one and get that delivered. It seems like it's going to take forever. They have other washers in stock and we offered to pay the difference if they could collect the old one and bring a new one, but no thats not an option, it's too much trouble for them.

If you phone the number off the website to make a complaint you get the same service centre that frankly aren't interested. They are quite happy to take your money but don't rush to give it you back or provide you with another item. Has anyone had similar problems with Asda? Can anyone suggest how I can sort this, would you write to asda?

Well this is hardly the same thing but I think their customer service sucks.

A few weeks ago I tried to take a small item back to the ASDA store as it didn't work. I enquired where the customer services was and the desk was being used as an additional checkout. There were about 10 people in the queue all with full trolleys and the customer services were scanning groceries rather than dealing with customer complaints.

I had better things to do with my time than stand in a queue for 15 minutes and threw the faulty item in the bin.

I've had nothing but problems with Asda lately I don't think they deserve the custom. Just before christmas I went into the Asda living store at parkgate and a box of 13 rolls of wrapping paper fell onto my sons head. He was only sat in his pram he's 17 months it could have really injured him, they admitted the boxes shouldn't have been stacked and were stacked incorrectly and all they did was give him a pack of quavers. He had a right lump on one side of his head.

Hi everyone,

I am getting rather fed up of the poor standard of customer service Asda provide. The most annoying thing is when you've got a problem they don't seem to care it is like you are bothering them and they just want you to get off the phone.

My current problem with them is I purchased a new washing machine for my mum at the end of September 2011 and it has broken down already. We phoned and reported this to asda last monday and they said they had no more in stock, but they would arrange for someone to come and collect and it and give me a full refund.

I was advised someone would call me within 48 hours to arrange collection. 5 days later I still haven't heard from them. I've since phoned to query what is happening and I just get told they know I'm waiting for it collecting and someone will ring me.

I am very frustrated as my mums had no washer for nearly a week already and by the time they collect it and refund the money, then we've got to go and buy another one and get that delivered. It seems like it's going to take forever. They have other washers in stock and we offered to pay the difference if they could collect the old one and bring a new one, but no thats not an option, it's too much trouble for them.

If you phone the number off the website to make a complaint you get the same service centre that frankly aren't interested. They are quite happy to take your money but don't rush to give it you back or provide you with another item. Has anyone had similar problems with Asda? Can anyone suggest how I can sort this, would you write to asda?

Which branch of Asda was it, so that we all may know for future reference.

The washer was ordered online through Asda direct but the Asda where my son was injured was the Asda Living shop at Parkgate, Rotherham.

The best idea is to stay out of the ASDA I would say.

You seem to get nothing but grief from them.

Archived