France loses AAA Credit Rating. Britain doesn't. WE have something right.

It was a statement made by you..

"A Ford bought in the UK was probably made in the UK"

I was just correcting your statement.

Fair enough, I should have said "A lot of the components were probably made in the UK".

The entire aside about the car was irrelevant though.

You weren't right. You've had to change what you said to make it correct now. That's pretty obvious in the later statement you've made.

Answer: No

You then argue about the answer, finally.

Should have just accepted the answer as now you're making yourself look silly.

i can go on all day the tories left labour a £400 million debt :hihi::hihi:

We can always borrow. The problem is if we borrow too much the markets get jumpy. We lose our AAA credit rating and the cost of financing what we have already borrowed spirals out of control.

It is rather like any type of credit. When you are deemed uncredit worthy you wind up on Wonga.com borrowing at 3000% interest.

Low rate long term financing on quality and necessary infrastructure will never make the markets or rating agencies jumpy.

As I have said repeatedly on here for months we need efficiencies and well targeted cuts coupled with high quality infrastructure projects driven by stimulus spending.

It's not black and white. Both can be done in tandem. And I believe the ratings agencies, IMF, OECD etc... Will start calling for that approach in the next year.

Low rate long term financing on quality and necessary infrastructure will never make the markets or rating agencies jumpy.

As I have said repeatedly on here for months we need efficiencies and well targeted cuts coupled with high quality infrastructure projects driven by stimulus spending.

It's not black and white. Both can be done in tandem. And I believe the ratings agencies, IMF, OECD etc... Will start calling for that approach in the next year.

You can say what you like but it doesn't make it true. What is a fact is the rating agencies were threatening to downgrade our credit rating if Labour made a coalition pact with the Libdems in May 2010, because they said their plans to cut the deficit were not credible. The fact that we still have our AAA rating is because of the plans to cut back the deficit put forward by the coalition at the same time. It might not be ideal but it's the best option we have right now.

You can say what you like but it doesn't make it true. What is a fact is the rating agencies were threatening to downgrade our credit rating if Labour made a coalition pact with the Libdems in May 2010, because they said their plans to cut the deficit were not credible. The fact that we still have our AAA rating is because of the plans to cut back the deficit put forward by the coalition at the same time. It might not be ideal but it's the best option we have right now.

The ratings agencies will threaten us again if debt caused by falling revenues continues to increase. Unemployment up for the 6th month in a row with us about to sink back into recession are not good signs.

If you remember back the ability to cut the deficit was predicated on quite bullish private sector growth projections. The growth simply hasn't happened. Osborne's plan has failed and unless he can prove that growth can happen the AAA rating will be questioned.

My opinion is stimulus spending will be called for. An economic death spiral created by endless rounds of indiscriminate cuts and a shrinking economy is not a good option. And it is not the only option.

The ratings agencies will threaten us again if debt caused by falling revenues continues to increase. Unemployment up for the 6th month in a row with us about to sink back into recession are not good signs.

If you remember back the ability to cut the deficit was predicated on quite bullish private sector growth projections. The growth simply hasn't happened. Osborne's plan has failed and unless he can prove that growth can happen the AAA rating will be questioned.

My opinion is stimulus spending will be called for. An economic death spiral created by endless rounds of indiscriminate cuts and a shrinking economy is not a good option. And it is not the only option.

I fear that the outlook for the EU's economy this year is so gloomy that any stimulus may get lost in the economic fall of the Euro-Zone, whilst the outlook looks so dire for our biggest export market there is little hope for any growth. The best we can hope is that keep our ship steady and we do not get sucked into the oncoming disaster.

IMF calls for economic growth measures, talks down austerity

This call from the IMF has happened way quicker than I expected. For all those austerity fanboys (and girls) just remember that one of the key reasons for recent EU memeber sovereign rating downgrades was over-enthusiastic austerity measures. Take note and enjoy the ride back to prosperity.

Archived