France loses AAA Credit Rating. Britain doesn't. WE have something right.

Can't see many French movie to the UK because they absolutely hate the us and it still doesn't answer the question why British people move their stuff abroad to avoid paying UK tax. That said, people will still try and avoid tax if it was at 1%

---------- Post added 17-12-2012 at 18:51 ----------

I'd say bye then, better not let the door slam their backsides on the way out

The French will move to Belgium because it's a lower tax rate, and they still speak French. They are also moving to London because there is a strong French presence there and it's close to France in terms of travel time.

The British are moving to other places where they speak English, or have a strong english expat commnuity. Man, Bermuda, Belize etc.

---------- Post added 17-12-2012 at 20:27 ----------

It's difficult to stereotype 'the rich' but a lot of these people don't have a great deal to offer their host nations, especial the ones that are prepared to play one country against another, they don't deserve any citizenship.

Many of these vile money grabbers are little more than welfare scroungers by proxy anyway. Admittedly, I don't know anything about Gerard Depardieu or the great national contribution this man has made to France to warrant his arrogant outburst but if I was French I'd want to see his passport shredded and his citizen status removed.

Our AAA status is looking very tenuous despite Osborne's slash and burn solution, the downgrade is I fear in the post already.

How do you equate paying hundreds of millions of Euros in tax as being a scrounger then?

The ratings agencies have all but told Britain to expect a downgrade next year.

Whilst this in itself wouldn't be too damaging to the economy (borrowing costs would be a little higher) politically it would be very damaging to Osbourne.

That is the main issue. He'll probably say the moment of danger has passed and it's no longer as important. It's a semi-plausible argument.

A minor downgrade to our credit rating would proabably at worst mean a minor increase in interest rates. The USA for example hasn't duffered from the upward spiral in yields despite being downgraded. We would be the same and for one key reason that makes us like the USA and very unlike Portugal, Greece etc... and that is we have retained control of our monetary policy.

I'm sorry, would you mind answering the question?

I thought I had, this man has a lot of money but other, often more worthy people who give so much more of themselves than him also need paying (substantially less than him).

It makes me laugh when actors who are paid millions, earn their money pretending to be the very people they begrudge paying like the military who are prepared to die so this arrogant pig can turn his back on a nation that has enable him to be this 'great actor', just because he's asked to pay his way.

I noted that he played Obélix in the Astérix movies too:hihi:

I thought I had, this man has a lot of money but other, often more worthy people who give so much more of themselves than him also need paying (substantially less than him).

It makes me laugh when actors who are paid millions, earn their money pretending to be the very people they begrudge paying like the military who are prepared to die so this arrogant pig can turn his back on a nation that has enable him to be this 'great actor', just because he's asked to pay his way.

I noted that he played Obélix in the Astérix movies too:hihi:

You still havent answered the question. How does paying hundreds of millions of euros make him a scrounger?

You still havent answered the question. How does paying hundreds of millions of euros make him a scrounger?

I never called him a scrounger that was my generalisation that you have taken out of context, but I do find his actions somewhat abhorrent; this man should be grateful for the opportunities that his countrymen have afforded him, he wouldn't be where he is now without them.

An entirely predictable turn of events

Not to some it seems.

Nailing with tax would be a good way to reduce the population.

In that case perhaps we should impose a 75% tax rate on chavs, druggies, scroungers and layabouts.

Let's drive away the unproductive members of society for a change.

and it still doesn't answer the question why British people move their stuff abroad to avoid paying UK tax.

Let's ask Tony "nice guy" Blair that question shall we?

The mystery of Tony Blair's finances

That would be his tax, the same tax as everyone else is expected to pay.

Did you pay tax at 50% then?

That would mean your annual income is in excess of £150,000.

I don't suppose you could lend me a tenner could you? Just until the end of the month.

Did you pay tax at 50% then?

That would mean your annual income is in excess of £150,000.

I don't suppose you could lend me a tenner could you? Just until the end of the month.

I would love to earn in excess of £150,000 and if I did then paying my tax really wouldn't seem like such a struggle, and I would probably give you a tenner if you were a bit short.

Archived