France loses AAA Credit Rating. Britain doesn't. WE have something right.

I think there should be a credit rating agency rating agency.

There is. It's not a formal ratings agency, it's called 'the investors'. It's up to the investors who use the Credit Rating Agencies to decide which (if any) to believe.

I wonder how much investment capital has shifted from the rest of the world into China and India during the past few years?

There is. It's not a formal ratings agency, it's called 'the investors'. It's up to the investors who use the Credit Rating Agencies to decide which (if any) to believe.

It seems like they need some help, because the CRAs don't appear to have a clue.

Hence the need for a CRARA. I doubt S&P would be rated very highly, given that their ratings have been shown to be works of political fiction in the past.

Or is it a case of "Past performance is not necessarily an indicator of future performance". Well Duh.

It seems like they need some help, because the CRAs don't appear to have a clue.

Hence the need for a CRARA. I doubt S&P would be rated very highly, given that their ratings have been shown to be works of political fiction in the past.

Or is it a case of "Past performance is not necessarily an indicator of future performance". Well Duh.

I would rate S&P as varying between "Standard" and "Poor" :help:

Who elected Standard and Poor to have any impact whatsoever over Nation States and their policies?

Tell them to eff off. Bunch of bloomin' leaches.

They don't have any impact, they just give their opinion. Nobody is compelled to listen to them or take action.

When ratings agencies were pressed by US congressmen investigating the 2008 collapse the agencies stated they were just expressing opinions. That's all they do. They're just a bunch of researchers and economists who are no better than any other researchers or economists. The problem is their 'opinions' have gained institutionalised acceptance, taken as gospel. It's ludicrous really.

Archived