Northumberland Rd Hole in ground

markfor

• 3 months later...

There was a planning application to convert it into a car park by some company or other but it was turned down for access reasons, as i remember. I think this was 2016.

The university's now halted plans to re-build the sports centre did not include the 'ole, surprisingly. Someone must think it valuable enough to keep hold of it.

I blame Bernard Cribbins

There I was, a-digging this hole, A hole in the ground, so big and sort of round it was. There was I, digging it deep, It was flat at at the bottom and the sides were steep. When along, comes this bloke in a bowler which he lifted and scratched his head. Well we looked down the hole, poor demented soul

I blame Bernard Cribbins

There I was, a-digging this hole, A hole in the ground, so big and sort of round it was. There was I, digging it deep, It was flat at at the bottom and the sides were steep. When along, comes this bloke in a bowler which he lifted and scratched his head. Well we looked down the hole, poor demented soul

love it ! a real blast from the past.

• 5 months later...

There is a big police presence at t'Hole today. Not sure if they are actually searching for something or using it as a training area but there were 10-15 of them being briefed when I walked past. I hope it is nothing serious.

There is a big police presence at t'Hole today. Not sure if they are actually searching for something or using it as a training area but there were 10-15 of them being briefed when I walked past. I hope it is nothing serious.

I went past there at about 8:55 this morning and two police vans had just pulled up. Hope it's nothing sinister.

Must admit my main thought was annoyance that they'd parked on the pavement (between the gate to t'hole and the driveway to Goodwin) and were therefore forcing pedestrians to walk in the road.