Naff house names

Mo

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Why not? One of my colleagues (doorman colleagues) is also a Teacher... so I'm sorry mate you're wrong!

Teachers don't get paid as much as high level management within the civil service.

so.... T020. as you always seem to know everything, lets say.... if my mum is a manager, and my dad is pretty high up in CID in the police force, i'll not say what for definate as im not sure. and he owns BMW etc. i live with my mum n her partner who is also a manager. i live near the manor and would always class myself as working class. but as my mum is a manager etc. does tht change it. cus i dont think so. they r still working

Originally posted by SatanInHeels

so.... T020. as you always seem to know everything, lets say.... if my mum is a manager, and my dad is pretty high up in CID in the police force, i'll not say what for definate as im not sure. and he owns BWM etc. i live with my mum n her partner who is also a manager. i live near the manor and would always class myself as working class. but as my mum is a manager etc. does tht change it. cus i dont think so. they r still working

No, I never said occupation was the *only* thing, did I? Its one of the contributing factors that help define the classes and which one we fit into. When all said and done anyway, it really makes no difference. I just have to dispute comments like "anyone who works is working class" because they are clearly wrong.

PS. Whats a BWM? Never seen one of those on the road before...

Originally posted by SatanInHeels

fair enuff, well you keep tellin ureself that you are not working class unlike most of the people in sheffield, and i will not even try to argue with you as it obviously is pointless. maybe like i have been told, best not to bother with u.

and BWM? eh?

There are plenty of people in Sheffield who aren't working class, whether you like it or not. Drive up to Ecclesall, Fulwood, etc, and try telling a few people how working class they are, see what their response is. You could even get a lift up in your "BWM"...

To the best of my knowledge, class is defined by these types of things:

* accent

* clothing

* the newspaper you read

* education

* occupaton

* where you live

* interests

Some of these seem a little daft, eg: newspaper, but basically they are cultural signals to sociologists....

(Don't blame me if you disagree, blame the Letts study guides!)

Originally posted by caprice

To the best of my knowledge, class is defined by these types of things:

* accent

* clothing

* the newspaper you read

* education

* occupaton

* where you live

* interests

Some of these seem a little daft, eg: newspaper, but basically they are cultural signals to sociologists....

(Don't blame me if you disagree, blame the Letts study guides!)

I agree. What I don't understand is that those people who think I have some kind of problem with them are the ones who seem to have the biggest problem accepting that Sheffield does have middle class people living in it, whether they like it or not.

Archived