Naff house names

Mo

Originally posted by t020

I agree. What I don't understand is that those people who think I have some kind of problem with them are the ones who seem to have the biggest problem accepting that Sheffield does have middle class people living in it, whether they like it or not.

What I don't understand is people who give a toss about class in this day and age.

i honestly could't care less to be quite honest with ya, i didnt post on here to start an argument with ya, just to ask a question. but u didnt surprise me by turning it into one!!!

Aww! *hugs*

Its a highly controversial subject, class is. Some people think it still exists, others don't... and asking questions on a forum is bound to have someone attack it and nit pick at it, because some people have very strong opinions on these sorts of things. (not that its wrong to ask questions, ofcourse :))

Originally posted by Sidla

What I don't understand is people who give a toss about class in this day and age.

good point, n i cant say i have ever thought about it before today! but i guess it makes people like T020 feel better about themselves or something, wen they obviously dont have much else going for them

n thnx caprice, hug much appriciated! lol

Personally, I don't really care about class... I'm not going to put any airs and graces on for a poshie and I'm not going to show linguistic divergence to someone of lower class... I couldn't care less to be honest!

I'm not saying that class divisions don't still exist, because they do. I don't think they are as obvious in todays society, thats all :)

Originally posted by SatanInHeels

good point, n i cant say i have ever thought about it before today! but i guess it makes people like T020 feel better about themselves or something, wen they obviously dont have much else going for them

n thnx caprice, hug much appriciated! lol

I didn't bring it up, and I have plenty going for me thanks.

Can we all get back on topic please!

I dunno about Naff house names, but if I lived in a cottage in cornwall somewhere id certainly name it :thumbsup: something like "Sea View" if it was by the sea or "Kernow Cottage", id love one called "Rock Cottage" in a Ten Benson tenuous link :lol:

Originally posted by t020

My dad is a manager, not a builder. A very subtle difference........

It makes no difference. You do not live your fathers life. Even if he WAS by some official definition 'middle classs', that does not make you so. Is your father so far up himself? I expect not.

I know of MANY people who are VERY wealthy and they find that they don't need to beef themselves up with a label because they are comfortable with who they are.

That's how it works in the real world (ie where we work, not go to college) - the more you have less you need to shout.

There was a chap who dies a few years ago - Victor Waddington. He was the elder of a family that had run the regions canals for 200 years, and they owned massive amounts of land around them. He was a seriously wealthy man. He had no class however, and choose to work 70 hours a week until he died at 90.

T020, you shouldn't worry about class so much either, because you just don't have any.

Ho ho ho. But class is inherited anyway, or at least it is a significant contributing factor. Also, I'm not "worried" about it - DB said I was working class, which I had to dispute because I'm not. Simple.

DB said I was working class, which I had to dispute because I'm not. Simple.

May I remind you that this is an internet forum. We don't know you, you don't know us. So why is it so important to you that we know your middle class? Why is it such an issue to you anyway? Surely any genuine middle class person would be far too snooty to get into such petty class arguments in the first place.

Archived