Worst car you ever bought?

Fiat Brava 1.6SX, P plate, 30kmiles, in the late 90s

Too many gremlins in the electr(on)ics. Worse than my 2 Lancia Deltas in the early 90s (and that's saying some, as I did consider calling on a priest to exorcise these at the time :hihi:).

Never an Italian car again, ever. E-ver.

I'm sure Hayseldens (Doncaster) went nearly bankrupt trying to sort that Brava out for the unfortunate soul who eventually bought it from them, after we part-ex'd it quick/on the sly :D

I hate "electronic" cars. With a passion.

Its got to be a mini (not the BMW models). You seem to have a constant cycle of repairs on them and the only thing you can rely on is the fact that they will constantly break down and rot. You need plenty of mechanical and welding knowledge and a very understanding wife to be the owner of one. Most if not all of the older British made cars were just as bad. I even had a Skoda Estelle for a year and apart from the failure of a British made condensor it showed up any British Classic. I now drive Toyotas and have to put up with approx. one light bulb failure a year, bliss.

Archived