Roofer recommendations megathread - NO JOBS, ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

I need to a quote for a fiberglass ground floor flat roof 6-8m2

Whats the current covering?

Is upgraded insulation required?

Are the falls all OK?

If you can post a picture it may give us a better chance to price.

Who ever you use, just make sure that its boarded with 18mm osb. I've seen some right bodge jobs.

• 4 weeks later...

Window is leaking in my bedroom, Had a look at sealant outside OK, cleaned gutters but not the problem. Worse when raining heavily and wind blowing, I think problem is above the window at roof/gutter area, can anyone help me or know anyone who can have a look. Have to get someone off internet if not, but a bit wary of cowboys. I live in the handsworth area of sheffield

Edited by berresville
Area of sheffield included

Sometimes wind can blow water back under the slates or tiles which should overhang the gutters. There is a piece of kit that can prevent this but its name escapes me at this moment. It is slipped up under the roofing material and down into the gutter. Builders merchants should be able to help if you have ladders and can do it yourself.

Is there any lead valleys in the area ./ If so could be split in lead and water running down spars IF not may be as M M. says but get a roofer do not go on the roof your self .Hospital full of D.I.Y. ROOFERS dont even think about it :hihi::loopy:

Edited by spider1

Can anyone help ? I care for my dad up at Crimicar Lane and due to the heavy rain today his landing ceiling is dripping ( from a flat roof I think ) .

Can anyone recommend anyone or know anyone that can come and look asap ? Even if it's just a temp job for now would really appreciate it .

Thanks

Edited by Heathie48
Typing errors !

Eaves guard is the product your thinking off not sure this will cure the problem the apron would need to be pretty poor in fairness but definitely an option would need to investigate further really could even be rotten fascia's but wee just speculating regards Jordan