Roofer recommendations megathread - NO JOBS, ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The roof on our garage is the corrugated asbestos type. It’s cracking, leaking and beginning to flake a bit so needs replacing asap.

So far I’ve been quoted quite lot by Compton who seem to have a monopoly in the area.

I don’t really want to go over the top as we may have an extension in a few years which means it would come down anyway.

Does anyone know of someone other than Compton who can do this (disposing of the asbestos properly) and what sort of price to expect? I know I can do it myself and double bag it to the tip but I’m not sure I fancy it or have the skills or time to put something non asbestos back on.

Many thanks

• 3 weeks later...
The roof on our garage is the corrugated asbestos type. It’s cracking, leaking and beginning to flake a bit so needs replacing asap.

So far I’ve been quoted quite lot by Compton who seem to have a monopoly in the area.

I don’t really want to go over the top as we may have an extension in a few years which means it would come down anyway.

Does anyone know of someone other than Compton who can do this (disposing of the asbestos properly) and what sort of price to expect? I know I can do it myself and double bag it to the tip but I’m not sure I fancy it or have the skills or time to put something non asbestos back on.

Many thanks

Never heard of Compton. What area are you in ?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
2 hours ago, TerryWalsh said:

I am looking for someone to repair/replace the lead in the valley on our roof and the flashing around two, possibly three chimmneys. We are in the S6 area.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good reliable roofer?

Yeah but PM for the number. 

On 12/11/2018 at 16:24, shellbelle said:

Hi has anyone had their conservatory roof replaced with slate and if so who with? Failing that does anyone know of any reputable company that they would recommend. Thanking you in advance!

Is it a plastic conservatory? Will it take the weight of a "slate" roof?

On 11/07/2019 at 10:37, blackydog said:

Yeah but PM for the number. 

Is it a plastic conservatory? Will it take the weight of a "slate" roof?

Its unlightly your conservatory will take the weight of a slate roof.

There are specific lightweight options but not had any experience of them ourselves.

sorry.

On 11/07/2019 at 10:37, blackydog said: