100 years on from the Titanic disaster it seems we haven't learned much.

It will be interesting to see what was going on here.

Why were they sailing so close to shore, at what appears to be high speed is one question.

Or were they manouevering close to shore, and lost control is another.

Whatever, the cruise industry will take a hammer this summer if good answers are not forthcoming.

Stick with P&O you can trust those boys.

So what lessons do you believe we have failed to learn?

Well I would have thought a passenger liner hitting rocks should not capsize and sink in this day and age. There again despite modern technology being available a large modern passenger liner still manages to hit rocks in good weather.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2086831/Costa-Concordia-cruise-ship-pictures-Trapped-crewman-Manrico-Giampedroni-finally-rescued.html

Well I would have thought a passenger liner hitting rocks should not capsize and sink in this day and age. There again despite modern technology being available a large modern passenger liner still manages to hit rocks in good weather.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2086831/Costa-Concordia-cruise-ship-pictures-Trapped-crewman-Manrico-Giampedroni-finally-rescued.html

I'm not sure it did capsize or sink it just toppled over when it hit the sea bed.

What surprised me were the people jumping off a ship from a great height when it had no chance of sinking, and was only meters from the shore.

I'm not sure it did capsize or sink it just toppled over when it hit the sea bed.

What surprised me were the people jumping off a ship from a great height when it had no chance of sinking, and was only meters from the shore.

Like the Herald of Free Enterprise, she would have capsized if she had been in deeper water.

As it is she is laid on the bottom.

Have you seen the size of the gash? Have a look through these photos.

Like the Herald of Free Enterprise, she would have capsized if she had been in deeper water.

As it is she is laid on the bottom.

Yes but if it had been in deeper water were it was supposed to be it wouldn't have hit the sea bed, so wouldn't have toppled over or capsized.

Archived