Thai Brides, whats your views

You can't always tell why people do things or what they are thinking but:

1) Why would the man do this rather than pick a local girl?

2) Why would the girl chose a Western man?

Mecky....heres how i see it

answer to 1......some of them Thai women are gorgeous

answer to 2........western men can offer more

A few years ago, when myself and the wife parted, a guy i worked with who had a Thai Bride came over to speak to me, he heard i was single, and he said his Thai wifes sister was looking to meet someone and come and live over here, he showed me a picture....well she was gorgeous, and i was really tempted to contact her...but something told me it wasnt right...it just didnt seem the right thing to do...

I often wonder if my old work colleague is still with his bride, the last i heard they were both making plans to go back to her own country..

My bold. The priority was to meet someone who lives in Britain. Regardless of whether an arrangement that starts this way seems to work out or not, economics are the priority, not feelings.

My bold. The priority was to meet someone who lives in Britain. Regardless of whether an arrangement that starts this way seems to work out or not, economics are the priority, not feelings.

On what personal experience do you base that?

On what personal experience do you base that?

A very strange question! If you read the post I quoted it's clear that the person wanted to meet someone so she could come to the UK. The husband is used to gain stay here ie. to improve the woman's standard of living.

Where i work, we see lots of Thai brides (and other nationality brides). The majority are genuine but you do get male's coming back in saying that their "wife" recived her visa (indefinate leave to remain) and has now run away.

Once they get the ILR there is nothing we can do. Anyway, like i said, when these couples arrive into our office we can take them into rooms (seperate) and ask questions that only couples will know. Through experience we tend to know who is genuine and who is not.

Back onto topic, why do they do it ? 90% of the time it is love, if you disagree that is fine. I would say the other 10% is to get ILR then do a runner and can't get a British wife.

I don't think there's a lot wrong with it. Its up to the individuals.

Both parties have some initial attraction. The girl is usually young and attractive and the man is usually older and can offer a better standard of living, even an escape...So they are both using each other for their own benefit. They may even fall in love and live happily ever after....

Archived