Thai Brides, whats your views

I don't think there's a lot wrong with it. Its up to the individuals.

Both parties have some initial attraction. The girl is usually young and attractive and the man is usually older and can offer a better standard of living, even an escape...So they are both using each other for their own benefit. They may even fall in love and live happily ever after....

Spot on.My dad has retired to Thailand and is married to a Thai woman.Regular girls are usually genuine,it is the bar girls you need to look out for,some will wipe you out.I will be over to Thailand in August for 3 weeks and no i wont be getting married.:D

I don't think there's a lot wrong with it. Its up to the individuals.

Both parties have some initial attraction. The girl is usually young and attractive and the man is usually older and can offer a better standard of living, even an escape...So they are both using each other for their own benefit. They may even fall in love and live happily ever after....

Which is the case with most who get together..or plan to. Agreed.

All that bitterness will rip you up inside.

Its not bitterness, surely if you have to buy a partner then you are lacking in something to start with?

If you have a stunning thai bride, whats in it for her?

Its a match made in hell, she would be craving a lad her own age, he would have to buy gifts in order to keep her by his side, he has to keep spending to keep her interested, she has to have gifts to keep herself happy..........because she is dating someone old enough to be her granddad, and who is lacking in the first place.

Why does the man not cut out the middle man, and get himself off to a sauna and massage palour? he could have a different woman every week

Its not bitterness, surely if you have to buy a partner then you are lacking in something to start with?

If you have a stunning thai bride, whats in it for her?

Its a match made in hell, she would be craving a lad her own age, he would have to buy gifts in order to keep her by his side, he has to keep spending to keep her interested, she has to have gifts to keep herself happy..........because she is dating someone old enough to be her granddad, and who is lacking in the first place.

Why does the man not cut out the middle man, and get himself off to a sauna and massage palour? he could have a different woman every week

You're probably confusing all men/women with those you associate. Many cultures are still predominantly family orientated, the stereotyping you feel is relevant isn't.

Where i work, we see lots of Thai brides (and other nationality brides). The majority are genuine but you do get male's coming back in saying that their "wife" recived her visa (indefinate leave to remain) and has now run away.

Once they get the ILR there is nothing we can do. Anyway, like i said, when these couples arrive into our office we can take them into rooms (seperate) and ask questions that only couples will know. Through experience we tend to know who is genuine and who is not.

Back onto topic, why do they do it ? 90% of the time it is love, if you disagree that is fine. I would say the other 10% is to get ILR then do a runner and can't get a British wife.

from what my own personal experience on my many trips to S.E asia and thailand I find it the other way round 10% love 90% money.

older westerners "farangs"are seen as a soft touch, a passport out of the third world for her and her tribe of relatives.

your average thai guy treats is woman like dirt .

so even an old westerner is a better catch.

a lot of the bar girls I feel sorry for they're usually from villages up north poor rice farmers daughters who've got themselves in debt trying to pay off farm equipment. so the daughter go's to the big city as a last resort..the name for it in thailand is ..she's "gone south":roll:

they come to bangkok and usually fall victim to the thai mafia or what ever

You're probably confusing all men/women with those you associate. Many cultures are still predominantly family orientated, the stereotyping you feel is relevant isn't.

But why would an very attractive young woman want to be a partner with a man potentially old enough to be her grandad?

Surely a woman like this would be better off with a younger man? lets be right, Asia is on the up, and so its likely there will be plenty of young male entrepeneurs that she could partner with?

But why would an very attractive young woman want to be a partner with a man potentially old enough to be her grandad?

But you're making it up for effect.

Why do you home in on "very attractive" as if it's somehow important. Is it ok if she's not "very attractive"? and do you care?

Surely a woman like this would be better off with a younger man? lets be right, Asia is on the up, and so its likely there will be plenty of young male entrepeneurs that she could partner with?

You answered your own question previously, its all about money.The bar girls usually do have a younger man, the "Farang" is usually just a sponsor."i love you,you send me money every month and i no work in bars" is the usual line before you set off back home.

But you're making it up for effect.

Why do you home in on "very attractive" as if it's somehow important. Is it ok if she's not "very attractive"? and do you care?

I suppose if you are paying for a bride, and if you are paying good money you would not expect someone who looks like a munter.

If I was to pay good money (say £50,000) on a car, I would expect it to have all the trimmings, with wallnut dash, a gas guzzler and probably a high spec car like a Jaguar. I would not pay £50,000 and then be happy if I got a W-Reg Ford Focus with over 100,000 miles on the clock.

If you are paying your cash, then surely you expect a looker?

If not, then why not just go to grab a granny night at your local night clubs and save yourself the cash?

Archived