Thai Brides, whats your views

I know your pal in the pub, proudly introducing their new young slinky hot young Thai bride to everybody, isn't likely to say that he first caught sight of her while she was writhing round a pole in a Patong, Patpong, or Pattaya go-go bar, but the chances are he did, or something similar.

this 47 minute long youtube.com video covers the subject a lot less sensationally and accurately than most. It will ring many bells with those who know Thailand and inform those who do not.

My Boyfriend the Sex Tourist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54-tQam4T_U

It's mostly their looks but not entirely, as there is lots of poor good looking white English women but most have very unfeminine mannerisms and are often a bit dim, and most men like feminine intelligent women which is almost guaranteed with any Thai woman.

Really? I was under the impression that many men who buy into this legalised sex trafficking would not be able to pull a young pretty woman in the UK. Furthermore, culturally, Thai women are far more servile than British ones.

from what my own personal experience on my many trips to S.E asia and thailand I find it the other way round 10% love 90% money.

older westerners "farangs"are seen as a soft touch, a passport out of the third world for her and her tribe of relatives.

Sorry, what i mean is. Out of the many applicants i see each week in our office i would say it's 90% - 10% split. Im sure many thai brides do a runner before it get's to the ILR stage in which case i would not see them.

Furthermore, culturally, Thai women are far more servile than British ones.

this is utter nonsense. Anyone that actually believes this has no knowledge at all of not just Thai but south east Asian women in general. Status of women in south east Asia is very complex, while its true they face discrimination in a lot of traditional male fields of employment, they dominate many professions. Something like 80% of Bangkok's dentists are women, together with a similarly large proportion of university teachers.

this is utter nonsense. Anyone that actually believes this has no knowledge at all of not just Thai but south east Asian women in general. Status of women in south east Asia is very complex, while its true they face discrimination in a lot of traditional male fields of employment, they dominate many professions. Something like 80% of Bangkok's dentists are women, together with a similarly large proportion of university teachers.

As per you post below:

something like 50% of western men that do marry Thai women, they're bargirls or women like waitresses that work in the hazy area between 'legit' and prostititution. They have to be. On the whole, only people that work with foreign tourists in Thailand have any conversational English worth mentioning. English speaking skills in Thailand are still very poor, and ordinary women with no contact with tourists, i.e. in 'ordinary' jobs, have very little language skill. More educated Thai women can tend to speak better English, but these are much less likely to end up with some slob form Coal Aston than a semi-literate Isan girl.

most of the Thai women I've met in England tend to be from the poorer areas of the country, the north or northeast.

in the Philippines, much poorer than Thailand, it's far easier to meet and interract with 'ordinary' women, just because English is so widely spoken by comparison. Far fewer Filipina brides of foreigners are bargirls than Thai ones.

My bold - I am referring in main to the bit that I have emboldened, the women who you say tend to make up those who are here in the UK, do they form the well educated ones that are in dentistry and academia?

I have to admit when I see a man with a younger thai partner I do smirk to myself and think perv/loser. They might have met perfectly legitimately but I prefer to imagine he has been out to Thailand and been had over.

However, if I was old and ugly (i'm not, i'm young and quite hot) and tried everything to get a girl over here, why not try the easy option over there. Thai girls are gorgeous and love to please their man :love:

I have to admit when I see a man with a younger thai partner I do smirk to myself and think perv/loser. They might have met perfectly legitimately but I prefer to imagine he has been out to Thailand and been had over.

However, if I was old and ugly (i'm not, i'm young and quite hot) and tried everything to get a girl over here, why not try the easy option over there. Thai girls are gorgeous and love to please their man :love:

And yet you go to bed every night with only your hand as best friend.

Are you sure on that? Maybe what's on the inside is your downfall.

Archived