Thai Brides, whats your views

As per you post below:

My bold - I am referring in main to the bit that I have emboldened, the women who you say tend to make up those who are here in the UK, do they form the well educated ones that are in dentistry and academia?

the poorer ones aren't any more 'subservient to men' than the richer ones. If you knew anything at all about Thai society, which you clearly don't, then you would know that it is invariably the women that control the family finances and make the really big decisions. It's a plenty more matriachal society than average. Anyone that volunteers that Thai women are servile or subservient is just going to get laughed at by anyone that knows the place - it's this sexist western myth about pliant oriental women with no basis in reality.

the poorer ones aren't any more 'subservient to men' than the richer ones. If you knew anything at all about Thai society, which you clearly don't, then you would know that it is invariably the women that control the family finances and make the really big decisions. It's a plenty more matriachal society than average. Anyone that volunteers that Thai women are servile or subservient is just going to get laughed at by anyone that knows the place - it's this sexist western myth about pliant oriental women with no basis in reality.

Whether it is myth, reality or fantasy, that is what many men are buying into and what is promoted by some of these agencies. Here's the Louis Theroux documentary. The owner of the Anglo-Thai Introductions agency (one of the largest in Bangkok) clearly states how Thai women 'still believe in looking after the man and are brought up to look after the man', they 'have qualities that have been forgotten by the equality crazed women's lib Western women' as stated in the agency's literature), 'when it comes to making love there is no such thing as 'I've got a headache' '. If that's not promoting female servility, then I don't know what is.

ETA:

From The Thai Silk Agency's website:

Q...Why should I marry a Thai lady?

A... Thai culture is taught from an early age and it is very important for a Thai wife to take care of her husband.

Many gentleman are disillusioned with the changes that appear to be happening with the vast majority of modern women around the world, if you feel you're one of them, then a Thai wife will be ideal. Loyal, modest, usually shy, high morals...the list is endless. The more love and respect you show to your wife the more she will give back 10 fold. Remember we are speaking from experience having aided in hundreds of loving relationships.

I have seen other sites and the stress is often on how Thai women 'cater to a man's every need'.

Whether it is myth, reality or fantasy, that is what many men are buying into and what is promoted by some of these agencies. Here's the Louis Theroux documentary. The owner of the Anglo-Thai Introductions agency (one of the largest in Bangkok) clearly states how Thai women 'still believe in looking after the man and are brought up to look after the man', they 'have qualities that have been forgotten by the equality crazed women's lib Western women' as stated in the agency's literature), 'when it comes to making love there is no such thing as 'I've got a headache' '. If that's not promoting female servility, then I don't know what is.

Couldn't looking after the man be seen as the opposite of subserivent, ie: controlling the home/finances/decisions etc

As for the headache thing - I never get one, I wouldn't call me subservient :hihi:

Couldn't looking after the man be seen as the opposite of subserivent, ie: controlling the home/finances/decisions etc

As for the headache thing - I never get one, I wouldn't call me subservient :hihi:

It could, however, do you think that's the attraction for men? Traditionally, women in this country also controlled the home and used to take their husband's wage and manage the household budget etc. I suspect the sex on tap with a gorgeous woman who is unlikely to say that she's not in the mood is one of the main pulls.

It could, however, do you think that's the attraction for men? Traditionally, women in this country also controlled the home and used to take their husband's wage and manage the household budget etc. I suspect the sex on tap with a gorgeous woman who is unlikely to say that she's not in the mood is one of the main pulls.

Yeah I do think that is the attraction for a lot of men. Some men are lazy arses and just want to be looked after (as described in my previous post). Thai women in the brochures might be the gorgeous looking ones, I know this to not always be the case. Sex on tap? Who knows, it usually is in the first couple of years for any couple, is there a refund policy if this isn't the case?:D

It's mostly their looks but not entirely, as there is lots of poor good looking white English women but most have very unfeminine mannerisms and are often a bit dim, and most men like feminine intelligent women which is almost guaranteed with any Thai woman.

You mean they're emancipated. :hihi:

Archived