Thai Brides, whats your views

Yeah I do think that is the attraction for a lot of men. Some men are lazy arses and just want to be looked after (as described in my previous post). Thai women in the brochures might be the gorgeous looking ones, I know this to not always be the case. Sex on tap? Who knows, it usually is in the first couple of years for any couple, is there a refund policy if this isn't the case?:D

Perhaps that's why one of the men on the video is now on bride number 4?! The agency in that documentary has an A list and a B list of women on offer, the B being the 'less attractive and less slim' ones. I assume it is the agency who decides whether a man meets the criteria for an A lister? I can't imagine many men going in asking for a B list woman, much in the same way that when condoms came in large, medium and small sizes, no one bought the small sized ones so they were withdrawn (no pun intended).:hihi:

the western men who are often bitter and misogynistic, have got into their heads that Thai women are in some way not part of the global feminist movement and yes, the various marriage introduction agencies that take their money are willing to collude with this fantasy / fallacy. The guys are seeing the women through the rose-coloured spectacles of the bedazzled tourist, and the image is like an exotic animal in a zoo. But like somebody that falls in love with a dimple, sooner or later they will have to wake up with a real woman, and that's when they find out that Thai or any other foreign women aren't actually much different to women anywhere else.

the western men who are often bitter and misogynistic, have got into their heads that Thai women are in some way not part of the global feminist movement and yes, the various marriage introduction agencies that take their money are willing to collude with this fantasy / fallacy. The guys are seeing the women through the rose-coloured spectacles of the bedazzled tourist, and the image is like an exotic animal in a zoo. But like somebody that falls in love with a dimple, sooner or later they will have to wake up with a real woman, and that's when they find out that Thai or any other foreign women aren't actually much different to women anywhere else.

I'm sure that it works both ways and many a Thai woman has been missold a dream of this caring, kind and loyal Western man who treats women better than their Thai counterparts. I'm sure that there are success stories, however, the chap running that agency is not one of them, with her 3rd Thai bride (and wife number 4)!

I'm sure that it works both ways and many a Thai woman has been missold a dream of this caring, kind and loyal Western man who treats women better than their Thai counterparts.!

that's true, they're running on fantasy same same. The joke is, the guy goes out to Thailand, 'rescues' them off the gogo dancing pole, throws a lot of money at it, the girls falls in love with Brad Pitt from the movies, but when they go back to Coal Aston, she finds out pretty quick that it's not Brad Pitt at all, but Selywn Froggitt.

that's true, they're running on fantasy same same. The joke is, the guy goes out to Thailand, 'rescues' them off the gogo dancing pole, throws a lot of money at it, the girls falls in love with Brad Pitt from the movies, but when they go back to Coal Aston, she finds out pretty quick that it's not Brad Pitt at all, but Selywn Froggitt.

The Pretty Woman syndrome, I am sure is an all too common one.

You can't always tell why people do things or what they are thinking but:

1) Why would the man do this rather than pick a local girl?

2) Why would the girl chose a Western man?

1)..local girls don't like older pregnent men.

2) pregnent western men in thai fisherman pants and t shirts with two elephants on the front are irriesistible to young thai girls

'Pretty Woman syndrome'.

that's another thing Thai guys find so hilarious. They can't help but notice that as far as they're concerned, all the ugliest girls end up with farangs. You see, there isn't this universal concept of female beauty at all. What western guys find attractive about Thai and Asian women, Thai and other Asian guys themselves don't. You can see it yourself in the video I posted in the sequence where the Thai lady internet broker-translator in the Isan village frankly tells the Thai woman paying for her service that Thai men wouldn't normally find her photo particularly attractive, but that western men would.

'Pretty Woman syndrome'.

that's another thing Thai guys find so hilarious. They can't help but notice that as far as they're concerned, all the ugliest girls end up with farangs. You see, there isn't this universal concept of female beauty at all. What western guys find attractive about Thai and Asian women, Thai and other Asian guys themselves don't. You can see it yourself in the video I posted in the sequence where the Thai lady internet broker-translator in the Isan village frankly tells the Thai woman paying for her service that Thai men wouldn't normally find her photo particularly attractive, but that western men would.

Sorry, I meant Pretty Woman as in that awful film where a wealthy man rescues a rookie prostitute from the streets.

Perhaps that's why one of the men on the video is now on bride number 4?! The agency in that documentary has an A list and a B list of women on offer, the B being the 'less attractive and less slim' ones. I assume it is the agency who decides whether a man meets the criteria for an A lister? I can't imagine many men going in asking for a B list woman, much in the same way that when condoms came in large, medium and small sizes, no one bought the small sized ones so they were withdrawn (no pun intended).:hihi:
No, access to the A list catalogue and introduction fees are far higher - it's all about money. Some have C lists too.

I knew a chap who's had 3 now, trades them in when he gets bored or if they start trying to pressure him to send money home. Apparently they never have a headache, even when they do, they're happy to go along with breast implants and they keep the house spotlessly clean. And, added bonus, Thai food's quite nice.

You know, when you think about it . . . . . . . .

Archived