Gove: "Lets buy the Queen a £60m Yacht!"

£60M would pay for three Royal Weddings.

£10M for Harry and £25M apiece to bribe men to marry Beatrice and Eugenie.

Prince Harry will never get married, he's too much of a numpty.. Remember the uproar a couple of years ago when he went to a fancy dress do wearing a German Swastika? THe PC Brigade had him for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

You're special.

The whole education system has been devalued because of grad inflation and easy exams under labour. It needs to be fixed, so that only exceptional students can get A grades, and dimwits can't pass at all.

Disasterous Dave spent years in opposition slagging off the education system saying it was too easy but when the results were up again this year he went round praising students.

I think this story is just the cover for a good day to bury bad news to be honest.

Good day to bury bad news? Wasn't that New Labour on September 11th 2001? So you're criticising the Tories for doing exactly what your beloved Labour Party did? Interesting.

what is it that makes you so loyal to it?

I believe we need a symbolic figurehead,the monarchy being the best option.

I think the Queen is the best Ambassador we could wish for.

I don't think our Country would have the masses of tourists we have if it wasn't for our Royal heritage,which contributes so much to the economy.

And because i like our Queen,so whats wrong with that.:)

And someone will be along in a minute and say the usual.....this is the politics of envy.

Strange, seeing as that's exactly what it is.

It's also inaccurate. Rather than taxpayers' money, the project would be funded through private commercial donations and the plan is to set the vessel up as an asset for various uses including youth development and to make a it a (I quote from Radio 4 this morning) floating university.

Paid for by business donors from across the Commonwealth - already a Canadian consortium has offered £10m - not the taxes of bitter left wingers (most of whom probably pay little or no tax anyway).

And right on cue :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

I believe we need a symbolic figurehead,the monarchy being the best option.

I think the Queen is the best Ambassador we could wish for.

I don't think our Country would have the masses of tourists we have if it wasn't for our Royal heritage,which contributes so much to the economy.

And because i like our Queen,so whats wrong with that.:)

I no longer live in the UK but will probably have my obvious accent forever. People notice, so sooner or later, we are talking about it. Most people that I have spoken to who want to visit are interested in Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, Lake District, the Dales and with a bit of prodding from me, the Peak District. I can't remember any of them ever saying they want to visit because of the royals.