Gove: "Lets buy the Queen a £60m Yacht!"

I think she should be given a 60M yacht. She still has her sea legs and Prince Phil being an old navy man would be a proficient helmsman and navigator. A trip round the world on a luxury yacht would be a fine way to reward her for such long and devoted service

:D

I no longer live in the UK but will probably have my obvious accent forever. People notice, so sooner or later, we are talking about it. Most people that I have spoken to who want to visit are interested in Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, Lake District, the Dales and with a bit of prodding from me, the Peak District. I can't remember any of them ever saying they want to visit because of the royals.

I realise that a great many tourists wish to see those lovely places,and quite right too.

Isn't London supposed to be one of the worlds top ten Cities for tourism though? I think Buckingham Palace,The Changing of the Guards etc etc must hold some attraction for some people,considering so many visit in their masses.

I believe we need a symbolic figurehead,the monarchy being the best option.

Isn't London supposed to be one of the worlds top ten Cities for tourism though? I think Buckingham Palace,The Changing of the Guards etc etc must hold some attraction for some people

What you've failed to take into account is that there is someone who is more iconic than the Queen, and more of an attraction for tourists.

Arise, King Mickey the 1st.