Black points , What do I do

I think they call them whiteboards because the board is, indeed, white.

Blackboards were black.

The whiteboards are not racially motivated they are wipe clean boards that can be written on in most colours, unlike blackboards which are written on in chalk and are a descendant of slates which we used in schools in this country before whiteboard technology came around.

To answer the OP you need to call the DVLA and they will advise you, depending on the country of origin of your driving offences and the severity, what you need to do to drive in the UK after your year.

Points on a non-UK licence may or may not be carried across to a UK provisional or full licence. This will depend on the existence of a reciprocal arrangement between the UK and the country you obtained your licence in. The DVLA will be able to advise you whether any such agreement exists. My guess is that you will be able to start with a clean UK licence - after all, without an EU licence (that you can hold onto for as long as it remains valid) or one from designated countries (where you can exchange your licence for a UK one without taking a UK test) you are required it seems to take a UK test before you run up 12 months of residency.

Edit: thinking about it, the reciprocal arrangements only apply to, say, a British driver getting points added to his UK licence for misdemeanours committed in France or to a Frenchie's licence whilst driving over here. I can't see how points on your non-UK licence will be of any interest to anyone here in the process of your obtaining a full UK licence.

Let us know what the DVLA tell you.

Archived