Hat for mother of the bride

Got the dress (yipee) now I'm starting the search for a hat for my daughter's wedding!! I had hoped to get the complete outfit in one shop but that wasn't meant to be. Could anyone suggest where to begin my search? Would prefer to shop local but I'm not against travelling if necessary. I also need to find shoes and a handbag. Many thanks

are you looking for a full brimmed hat, a fascinator....or is it a "ill know it when i see it" idea at the mo?

when is the wedding? have you given any consideration to the materials you would like it to be made in, for example a straw or sinamay for a summer wedding or a felt for cooler temperatures.

are you a feathers or flowers lady...or are you thinking a bit of both?

does your dress have any pattern in it? are you wanting to keep the outfit all in the same colour tones or would you like to introduce an accent colour?

i may not be able to recommend a high street shop, but i hope this provides some useful things to consider when making your choice :)

x

hi there ,dont know if this is of help,but i have hat shoes n bag all matching in a dusky pink that i had for my daughters wedding .willing to sell for £25

Thanks for the kind offer but dusky pink is the wrong colour. I will have a look in M&S though.

are you looking for a full brimmed hat, a fascinator....or is it a "ill know it when i see it" idea at the mo?

when is the wedding? have you given any consideration to the materials you would like it to be made in, for example a straw or sinamay for a summer wedding or a felt for cooler temperatures.

are you a feathers or flowers lady...or are you thinking a bit of both?

does your dress have any pattern in it? are you wanting to keep the outfit all in the same colour tones or would you like to introduce an accent colour?

i may not be able to recommend a high street shop, but i hope this provides some useful things to consider when making your choice :)

x

It's a Spring wedding. I'm looking for a hat rather than a fascinator, other than that I'm quite open-minded.

It's a Spring wedding. I'm looking for a hat rather than a fascinator, other than that I'm quite open-minded.

although i dont have the necessary blocks to handmake a brimmed hat, the most cost effective option would be to use a bought in undecorated hat. this would allow you choose exactly how you want the hat to be decorated to tie-in perfectly with your dress.

i have several suppliers who supply these if you would like a hat made to order. these are all in a lightweight sinamay which would be the perfect material and they come in a huge range of colours.

i have only done one so far, also for a fellow forum member, and there are photos of this piece in my custom order and happy customer albums on FB if you want to have a nosy.

if you have any questions, please do feel free to email me :)

x

I can recommend Sophie's bespoke service - you will get exactly what you want in just the right colours!!

And no, she's not paying me to say that ;o)

lol, thanks DM :)

looking forward to collecting the silks and pearls for your goodies on friday :)

x

Archived