1. 1. Smoking

• I smoke
    • I don't smoke now
    • I smoke but want to give up
    • I have tried to give up smoking but failed
    • I like smoking and don't want to give up
    • I have never smoked
    • I have given up smoking and started smoking again

Rejoice! If they all stopped tomorrow you and I would be making up the shortfall for the voluntary tax that they seem to enjoy paying.

Yes Jim they say smokers are good for the country the pay loads of tax for us and most of them peg out before they can get a state pension.

You forgot C.O.P.D incurable lung condition common in smokers almost unheard of in nonsmokers.Big two page article in tonights star.

The article contains good advice.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/health/city_s_hidden_lung_disease_cases_1_4146554

Ex smokers can be affected with this as well as smokers. I was a smoker from around the age of 15 for 30+ years. Nearly all my friends smoked when we were young, and the adverts of the day encouraged it!

I stopped about 16 years ago, but I've recently been diagnosed with a form of COPD, most likely because I smoked. Fortunately it isn't severe, and although it can't be cured it can be managed.

I'm so grateful that neither of my adult children smoke even though their dad and I did when they were young. And in hindsight, I wish I'd never started, both for my health and my pocket. Being a non-smoker makes retirement much more affordable! :cool:

I've just lost my mum at the age of 67 due to smoking a week ago,heart of gold ,lovely lady but when it came to smoking she didn't care for her own life or anyone else's,its a dirty discusting habbit,I wonder if half the smokers out there really know what is used to make them,embarming fluid is just 1 of the things.

Rip mum

Yes Jim they say smokers are good for the country the pay loads of tax for us and most of them peg out before they can get a state pension.

I hardly ever paid tax on my cigarettes when I smoked. It's much cheaper to stock up when you go on holiday!

As long as smokers keep them selves to them selves I don't think anyone has the right to criticise them. It's about time all you moaning none smokers pulled your necks in, shut your little traps and let people get on with their lives!

I hardly ever paid tax on my cigarettes when I smoked. It's much cheaper to stock up when you go on holiday!

As long as smokers keep them selves to them selves I don't think anyone has the right to criticise them. It's about time all you moaning none smokers pulled your necks in, shut your little traps and let people get on with their lives!

Smokers don't keep to them selves though do they, they are always ignorant people who don't care for there own health never mind any one else's health,a total ban on smoking anywhere in public should be the next thing then you will have to indulge in your stinking habit in the confines of your own house and die a lonely little death coughing your lungs up with out passing your disgusting secondhand smoke on to other people.

Smokers don't keep to them selves though do they, they are always ignorant people who don't care for there own health never mind any one else's health,a total ban on smoking anywhere in public should be the next thing then you will have to indulge in your stinking habit in the confines of your own house and die a lonely little death coughing your lungs up with out passing your disgusting secondhand smoke on to other people.

I gave up long ago. I just hope I never turn into someone like you. You have issues! Get over it, live your life and stop moaning. You might enjoy yourself one day, you never know!

I gave up long ago. I just hope I never turn into someone like you. You have issues! Get over it, live your life and stop moaning. You might enjoy yourself one day, you never know!

Had you on threads before you never have any thing constructive say about any thing, I hope I don't turn into someone you ether, I have a lot of issues who doesn't, I bet you have some as well and probably more than I do,I enjoy my self every day,sounds like you don't are you still gagging for a fag.

Archived