Ideas for Valentines

Hi all!

So I'm just wondering what crazy ideas people have for valentines day.....

I been searching the web and it all seems to be flowers, chocolates, teddy bears, spa's..... II'd probably get all these for my partner anyway...but what do people really want... some thing different....

and am I the only one who can't find things for the man in her life...

just what do you get these days...

I think it would be really interesting to find out what other people would do.... maybe swap some ideas for love and romance... so we could all make this Valentines Day that little bit more special this year......

Lets see what ideas we have people....

Poems and verses's welcome too.............

My OH still buys me something every Friday, and wishes me a "Happy Friday", as we met on a Friday.

On the 5th of every month, I get a special present and a "Happy Anniversary". If the 5th happens to fall on a Friday, he pushes the boat right out. Soppy get.

For genuine special occassions I get some sexy underwear, in my size, which he wears after I've opened it :hihi:

I'd want something personal, something that suggested my partner had thought about me, and what I like, rather than just going along with the whole cheesy Valentine's "thing."

If your partner likes flowers, chocolates and teddies then fair enough, but most women I know would like something a bit more original. Something that says "I've thought about you and I think you'll like this" rather than "I stopped by at Tesco on the way home and picked up the first three things I saw on the Valentine's display."

Personally I'd love to go for a walk in the Peaks with a flask of mulled wine, followed by a special home-cooked meal. Present-wise, I'd like to receive something like nice cheeses and a good bottle of wine. Or a plant I can plant out in a tub in the garden and enjoy all year round.

There's not much worse than eating out on Valentine's night either, I find. Restaurants are struggling because the place is full with tables of two - so the food and generally the service is worse than usual - while the prices are usually hiked up with a "special" Valentine's set menu.

That said, pubs and places not usually thought of as "romantic" can be a good choice. Last year we ended up in the Old House on Valentine's Day and had a great meal, from the normal menu, surrounded by people who were obviously out with groups of friends rather than as couples.

My OH still buys me something every Friday, and wishes me a "Happy Friday", as we met on a Friday.

On the 5th of every month, I get a special present and a "Happy Anniversary". If the 5th happens to fall on a Friday, he pushes the boat right out. Soppy get.

For genuine special occassions I get some sexy underwear, in my size, which he wears after I've opened it :hihi:

a bit of sick came in my mouth then

Archived