Ideas for Valentines

Hi all!

So I'm just wondering what crazy ideas people have for valentines day.....

I been searching the web and it all seems to be flowers, chocolates, teddy bears, spa's..... II'd probably get all these for my partner anyway...but what do people really want... some thing different....

and am I the only one who can't find things for the man in her life...

just what do you get these days...

I think it would be really interesting to find out what other people would do.... maybe swap some ideas for love and romance... so we could all make this Valentines Day that little bit more special this year......

Lets see what ideas we have people....

Poems and verses's welcome too.............

surely the only people wasting their money on those hideous love teddys are 13 year old girls?:loopy: Any guy that got one for me would get a slap!

I don't really "get" these commercial celebrations, you shouldnt need a day dictated to you by the card companies to buy your OH something nice to show you love her

I think this too, and although I like the little day to day romantic gestures best, I'd be gutted if I didn't get a card and at least a bit of something to mark the day.:loopy::hihi:

I was smart so we do nothing for Valentines day. Thats not the point of Valentines day. The whole idea of Valentines day is that you let someone know that you admire them from afar who wasn't aware that you did. Not that you "love" your established partner.

Don't be suckered by the hype and marketing. If you need Clintons to tell you when to put a bit of love into your relationship then you need to take a good long look at your relationship.

Valentines day is the most hateful day of the year. Its the day that reminds single lonely people that they are more single and more alone than ever. Its even worse than Christmas. At least Christmas is about inclusion. Valentines these days is set out to make you feel like you're a loser if you aren't with someone who spends a squillion pound on overpriced tat on you.

I was smart so we do nothing for Valentines day. Thats not the point of Valentines day. The whole idea of Valentines day is that you let someone know that you admire them from afar who wasn't aware that you did. Not that you "love" your established partner.

Don't be suckered by the hype and marketing. If you need Clintons to tell you when to put a bit of love into your relationship then you need to take a good long look at your relationship.

Valentines day is the most hateful day of the year. Its the day that reminds single lonely people that they are more single and more alone than ever. Its even worse than Christmas. At least Christmas is about inclusion. Valentines these days is set out to make you feel like you're a loser if you aren't with someone who spends a squillion pound on overpriced tat on you.

Ouch

If someone feels like a loser because they're not with someone, it's likely far more deep rooted than Valentine's day.

Archived