Wedding photos Help !!

I agree with the people above. The importance of having memories to look back over and furthermore to not place undue stress or pressure on a guest or loved one, it is better to hire a professional photographer for the day.

Many can be found at a reasonable price with sufficient flexibility to allow you to choose what would be best for your big day. In addition to this a good photographer should be able to shoot a large proportion if your day without having to impose themselves in you or having to make you stand still and smile all day long. Ask about it, it's considered as being repotage style and many professional photographers pride themselves on delivering excellent albums in this style.

• 3 weeks later...

With most professional photographers they'll bring the necessary gear to guarantee excellent pictures even in low light and without the need for garish and unsightly flash.

With regards to price, it would depend on where, number of hours, presentation of images and the reputation of the photographer. It can range from <£100 to >£1000 even for just a few hours.

If you want a quote then just send me a PM.

I get married in March, I'm just embarrassed at the thought of the whole thing, I'm so shy, honest :blush:

me too, if I think about it whilst walking down the street I can feel myself going red! Why am I doing this to myself:loopy:

Part of the reason why I am abstaining from having a photographer!

Awh, I find a little sad to hear when people shy away from having their photo taken, especially on such a big day.

No photographer should ever make you feel uncomfortable when taking your picture, it should be about creating a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere to gain the best reaction from the subject.

Look for a photographer where you like their style of photography, ideally something following a reportage style, if you don't want too many posed images, and then meet a few. A lot of the decision can be made based on how well you get along with the photographer - after all you are essentially inviting them to attend an event reserved for your closest friends and family, and he or she shall be spending a lot of time with you on the day.

I agree with RJH above, i have heard some photographers being regimental with their approach and doing what they want to do and not what the couple wants. The relationship between photographer and the couple will make the difference between cherished photos and ones that remind the couple of the annoying photographer rather than the meaning in the image.

Sit down talk to as many as you want, don't feel pressured to agree to anthing there and then. See albums of entire weddings not just their best work, you need to know they handle all situations well.

• 3 weeks later...
I was absolutely devastated when I found out about a month ago that they actually don't make Polaroids anymore :(

errr, they do. The photos are smaller than they used to be though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Polaroid-PIC-300-Instant-Camera-PRINT/dp/B003NYELXC/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_2_2

and the Fuji film version (of which the Polaroid uses the same film)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-Instax-Instant-Camera-White/dp/B003D7FO9O/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1331039248&sr=1-2

jb

ETA: and the more classic style http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000899QU/wwwwebmallliv-21/ and http://www.polaroid600camera.co.uk/polaroid-one600-classic-instant-camera/

Awh, I find a little sad to hear when people shy away from having their photo taken, especially on such a big day.

No photographer should ever make you feel uncomfortable when taking your picture, it should be about creating a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere to gain the best reaction from the subject.

Look for a photographer where you like their style of photography, ideally something following a reportage style, if you don't want too many posed images, and then meet a few. A lot of the decision can be made based on how well you get along with the photographer - after all you are essentially inviting them to attend an event reserved for your closest friends and family, and he or she shall be spending a lot of time with you on the day.

I don't think its possible to make a lard arse tomboy in a dress that hates people looking at her comfortable when making a permanent record of the situation:hihi:

I am talking about me before I offend someone!

Archived