Finding a time/place of a funeral..

All I can suggest is getting out a copy of the local Yellow Pages and calling all the funeral directors in the area. There aren't that many of them around and if you have the name of the deceased then they will be able to tell you whether they are engaged for the service and the service details.

All I can suggest is getting out a copy of the local Yellow Pages and calling all the funeral directors in the area. There aren't that many of them around and if you have the name of the deceased then they will be able to tell you whether they are engaged for the service and the service details.

It might be quicker to phone the Crematoria. There are fewer of them and they should be able to help.

could you ask the family of the deceased?

If the family of the deceased refuse to tell him, should a funeral director and/or crematorium be able to override their wishes?

(If there is no family of the deceased, who organised the cremation? But it's possible that the OP is perfectly welcome at a funeral but just can't get hold of the details.)

(If there is no family of the deceased, who organised the cremation? But it's possible that the OP is perfectly welcome at a funeral but just can't get hold of the details.)

I think if there's no family of the deceased, the body is put into the care of the funeral home, by the council, and they sort everything out.

Archived