"Live psychic" advert on the forum.

I wonder why Sheffield Forum is allowing adverts for psychics to appear on their pages when it is obvious to the majority that they exploit vulnerable people and provide no useful purpose whatsoever. In fact they can do a lot of harm.

Does the forum have any control over who advertises on it?

The link is here: http://www.liveperson.com/experts

I don't think the forum gets much choice, they allow certain ad companies to post ads that are suited to the forum as far as I know. If there are posts about mediums and psychics on the forum, adverts appear for that. If there are posts about stabbings and knife crime, you get adverts for shops selling knives.

Probably going to get shot down in flames for this but doesn't the forum have advert's for diet's????????????

Still a lot of overweight people around so are they vulnerable as well as the physic medium user's??

Or football supporters or pet lovers or people needing help with their grammar.

A lot of time the time, ads for what you have searched for on Google will come up...

And anyway, since when have adverts not been placed in the places they're going to make the most money.

Why do you think they advertise new beds at 3am, or Special K at during before loose women at 12.30pm when all the fat jobless moms are going to be watching?

I mean really, if you ever pick up a bridal magazine, let me just warn you they might be wedding shops advertised in there.

A lot of time the time, ads for what you have searched for on Google will come up...

And anyway, since when have adverts not been placed in the places they're going to make the most money.

Why do you think they advertise new beds at 3am, or Special K at during before loose women at 12.30pm when all the fat jobless moms are going to be watching?

I mean really, if you ever pick up a bridal magazine, let me just warn you they might be wedding shops advertised in there.

The only thing it seems to advertise to me is CPL petroleums god-awful dross kiln dried logs.

Given that I supply well seasoned logs I think CPL are wasting their money on the advertising.

The thread about Sheffield people basically beaing tight, and wanting the cheapest, has this ad at the bottom

Buy Sofas Now Pay Later

Because its about buying, and someone has mentioned a furniture shop!

And I've got a psychic ad because somebody mentioned that.

And this, for the OP, is from Google's AdSense page. (The people who place the ads)

"While Google often shows you ads based on the content of the page you are viewing, we also show some ads based on the types of websites you visit, view, or where you interact with an ad or other Google product supported by Google's advertising services"

Click the AdChoices link in the corner of the advert for more info.

Archived