Vauxhall drivers !

Excellent post just how do you determine which is which.

At one time a spot lamp had clear lenses & the fog light had a diffused lense.

My car has factory fitted lights with clear lenses below the bumper so to me they are spot (driving lamps).

Yeh, sounds like my Insignia lights, they are not diffused so must be driving lamps ... but what is the law on driving lights?

Spot lights or Driving lights may only be used with main beam headlights. These lights light up far into the distance. norm mounted in or near the height of the headlight.

Fog lights or Daytime driving lights as they are also known may be used at any time. these lights have a low wide lighting effect. norm mounted low in the bumper.

annoying yes but illegal no.

Spot lights or Driving lights may only be used with main beam headlights. These lights light up far into the distance. norm mounted in or near the height of the headlight.

Fog lights or Daytime driving lights as they are also known may be used at any time. these lights have a low wide lighting effect. norm mounted low in the bumper.

annoying yes but illegal no.

My car has clear 'spotlights' below the bumper and driving lights which are on constantly whilst the car is running. So are you saying that the 'spotlights' below the bumper can be used at any time regardless of visibility?

If they are spot lights no. If they are fog lights yes.

Patterns or clear glass means nothing. Remember all head lights used to have patterned glass but new technology means most lights now have clear glass.

THe parts catalogue categorising them as Spotlights, so whats the deal on those regarding the law?

is it just me or do vauxhall drivers, ALL vauxhall drivers have to get in front of everything that is in front of them ? when people obtain a vauxhall by any means, purchase, hire, lease etc is it in the car, van etc that makes them overtake non stop, tailgate, run red lights, in short why are vast majority (of what i've seen) vauxhall drivers the worst drivers that i've ever seen :mad:

No not really, it's a bit of a stupid generalisation to make. I drive a Vauxhall and haven't driven like you described in the 2 years I have been driving it.

THe parts catalogue categorising them as Spotlights, so whats the deal on those regarding the law?

Are the lights factory fitted or after market?

If they are factory fitted and they turn on with only side lights on then they are fog lights.

If they only turn on with main beam head lights they are spotlights.

If they are after market they could be either.

i drive a vauxhall i dont usually have to be in front of everything but let me know what you drive and ill make sure to cut you up :)

Yeah right. I bet at the moment your driving a 3 cylinder Skoda, a loan car from the accident repair centre while your Vauxhall is being fixed again.

Although through no fault of your own.

Are the lights factory fitted or after market?

If they are factory fitted and they turn on with only side lights on then they are fog lights.

If they only turn on with main beam head lights they are spotlights.

If they are after market they could be either.

Factory Fitted, standard

Turn on only with the headlights,along with the high density rear fog light, they are on the same circular toggle switch!

Archived