Gay parents and Mothers Day.

If you believe that then adoptive and step parents are by your definition, not a parent

I said the kid had 1 mother. It is true. Don't know what the fuss is. If the kid had asked for a second card to make for her auntie Rita the school can say no, because its Mothers Day. Not a big deal.

So far the OP has not stated which school the teacher was at .I think it's a bit premature to make accusations or vilified someone who may or may not have upset a child for whatever reasons.

I don't think that the school should be publicly named and shamed and I'm sure that any attempt to do so, would get the post removed.

I said the kid had 1 mother. It is true. Don't know what the fuss is. If the kid had asked for a second card to make for her auntie Rita the school can say no, because its Mothers Day. Not a big deal.

The kid in question clearly considers that he has two mothers, otherwise the issue would not have arisen in class. Families come in all configurations now and if we can accommodate a variety of religious faiths and their respective festivals, I see no reason why schools cannot be more open minded about the diversity of family types. If we celebrated grandparents day, which despite there being a named day, as far as I'm aware, schools don't really promote it, would a child be asked to choose one set of grandparents to whom to address a card?

If the child has been adopted by a lesbian couple, why should s/he be asked to choose one over the other?

I don't think that the school should be publicly named and shamed and I'm sure that any attempt to do so, would get the post removed.

The kid in question clearly considers that he has two mothers, otherwise the issue would not have arisen in class. Families come in all configurations now and if we can accommodate a variety of religious faiths and their respective festivals, I see no reason why schools cannot be more open minded about the diversity of family types. If we celebrated grandparents day, which despite there being a named day, as far as I'm aware, schools don't really promote it, would a child be asked to choose one set of grandparents to whom to address a card?

If the child has been adopted by a lesbian couple, why should s/he be asked to choose one over the other?

Then we must hope that a lesbian muslim couple come soon so the situation can be resolved.

What a horrid person this teacher must be, damaging to the child I would guess too.

Also, what if the child is fostered and wanted a card for both the foster mother and bio?

Teachers can have ideas above their station at times, it was a teacher of my daughter when she was 7/8 that had a personal dislike to her, it almost wrecked her whole school life. Thankfully it was raised and the teacher was dismissed.

Your friend could goto the head, and if not happy after that enlighten them the Sheffield Star might be interested, as I'm sure they would ;)

A teacher dismissed!

I doubt it very much.

Archived