Are fake Fags [cigs] fags or not.

I was in the club yesterday when a regular was asked to put is cigarette out or go outside .

The bloke then started to ague that he was not smoking a cig at all but a substitute fag that was something called an e cigarette and that it was just a harmless imitation that did not contain any tobacco.

Anyway the outcome was that in the end he left in a huff with the rest of us arguing as to whether he was right or wrong any ideas.

Thats what they're made for really, so you can quite legally enjoy your habit of smoking in a public place, without needing to go outside. Its actually quite a good thing for the landlords, as in theory, the smokers may actually want to go to the pub and enjoy a drink. I would feel a bit silly sitting there smoking one myself, but no, they're not 'fags' as such.

You can, but the proprietor of the club is within their rights to ask you to leave for any reason, including using a miniature smoke machine.

These e-cigs do not simply emit steam - they emit a ethylenePropylene glycol mist which is quite different.

You'd better hope the temperature control for the misting unit is bang on, or you'll be breathing in formaldehyde in addition to ethylenePropylene Glycol.

The owners of the club decide what can and can't be done inside it. The only proviso to that, is that they have to abide by the law whilst doing so; but I'm not aware of any law that gives people the right to smoke faux cigarettes.

I agree, once you let them smoke an e cigarette you then have a logistical nightmare on your premises ... which of the cigarettes are the real thing and which are e cigarettes ... somebody fires up an e cigarette and then someone thinks they are allowed to smoke, not long before you are spending all your time chasing round checking who's smoking and what.

Archived