Are fake Fags [cigs] fags or not.

In public spaces, yes. You can't do anything of anything on the premises of a private club, unless the club's owners allow you to.

Or indeed a public house/restaurant, if the licensee decides he doesn't want you in there with your fake fags, you're out, end of!

The licensee wouldn't be breaking any laws by allowing you to smoke one, but they might not know this for certain, and they might not have seen them before. It can make things very difficult when having to explain to others who want to smoke why one person appears to be smoking when thy can't, so might just make it easier for the landlord to not allow it. Legal though, but always down to preference, just like having kids in the pub, if they don;'t want them in, then they don't have to.

Are these the same things which are sold on airplanes to use in flight?

Can they be used on some planes? I flew 9 times last month and they were banned on them all (different airlines). I've heard that the USA are actually formally banning the use of them in a couple of months on aircraft.

Can they be used on some planes? I flew 9 times last month and they were banned on them all (different airlines). I've heard that the USA are actually formally banning the use of them in a couple of months on aircraft.

They sell them on Ryan Air flights for £20 each!

I see they aren't e-cigs (electronic cigarettes) and are still banned on most airlines. I didn't realise any could be used though.

http://www.nicolites.co.uk/news/ryanair-dont-sell-electronic-cigarettes/

I'd have no problem people smoking them in pubs, but I had no problem people actually smoking tobacco in pubs either.

And no, I don't smoke.

I see they aren't e-cigs (electronic cigarettes) and are still banned on most airlines. I didn't realise any could be used though.

http://www.nicolites.co.uk/news/ryanair-dont-sell-electronic-cigarettes/

I'd have no problem people smoking them in pubs, but I had no problem people actually smoking tobacco in pubs either.

And no, I don't smoke.

Ohhh, they're probably selling those type of fake cigs that Nicorette make, look like a fag, and contain a nicotine tab for the 'hit' but no vapour, and a nasty taste.

I'd have no problem with them being smoked anywhere really, theres no fire hazard, and the smoke isn't harmful as I'm aware. I would feel a bit of an idiot if I was the only person in pub smoking one though.

The owners of the club decide what can and can't be done inside it. The only proviso to that, is that they have to abide by the law whilst doing so; but I'm not aware of any law that gives people the right to smoke faux cigarettes.

Its not that they have the right to smoke but whether its illegal to do so under the no-smoking laws as e-cigs are not included in them.

Archived