Whats to be scared of, "Coming out" nowadays ?

What on earth are you on about?

Are you seriously arguing that Bruce Willis in Die Hard isn't ridiculously over the top and exaggerated? yippie-kai-yay?

Literally everything about those films is over the top and exaggerated. You picked a really bad example.

And Clint Eastwood films are the height of realism are they?

'Men don't like over exaggerated things' absolute nonsense, you'll need to find a different excuse for your homophobia.

Homophobic, moi? Quite the opposite sir!

Did you not detect even a hint of sarcasm in the post? a whiff perhaps? ahh forget it...

Homophobic, moi? Quite the opposite sir!

Did you not detect even a hint of sarcasm in the post? a whiff perhaps? ahh forget it...

If that is the case, then I apologise, I didn't catch it, no. I guess that would explain rather well why the examples went totally against the point.

This is all true and a not at all ridiculous post.

Real men don't like over exagerrated anything. Do you think Clint Eastwood would appreciate the finer points of a drag show - not a chance (he'd be up for a bit of gunslinging though).

Bruce Willis didnt wear a pink vest in Die hard did he? no, it was white (well, red after he'd been shot up a bit). Get that pinky finger in when your drinking a pint of best and no mincin' (except for mince pies).

Thank god we have real men on the forum to point these things out and save us all!!:hihi:

Thank you. I'll remember that the next time I'm firing a belt-fed machine gun from the hip.

Ok I'm gay, so what ? but there are friends of mine (some on here) that are still scared of 'Coming out' ? I dont understand why in todays world where same sex marriages or legal partnerships are allowed. Why is it that there are still those that are not proud of who and what they are ?? Is it because they are afraid of the stigma of being called a 'Puff ?' or just plain fear ? :huh:

i have gay friends, my children have gay friends too, from an early age they have been around them, and when mentioning them in conversation they are known by their name not the gay guy/woman, as being gay is no different to them , and i am glad they are like this as there is so much homophobia in todays society it makes me proud of my kids not treating them any different. my 18 yr old daughter went with her male friend to gay pride last year and felt proud that her friend asked her to go with him as she is so understanding with him being gay, she loved it and is not embarrassed to be seen with him . if you are gay then be proud to be i say, :nod:

Ok I'm gay, so what ? but there are friends of mine (some on here) that are still scared of 'Coming out' ? I dont understand why in todays world where same sex marriages or legal partnerships are allowed. Why is it that there are still those that are not proud of who and what they are ?? Is it because they are afraid of the stigma of being called a 'Puff ?' or just plain fear ? :huh:

Sometimes it's for reasons like this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-16656679

And fortunately, this time justice should prevail.

Archived